About the Role
The Enterprise Architect, Finance Systems is responsible for overseeing all architecture related aspects on assigned and approved projects. The Enterprise Architect, Finance Systems is accountable for ensuring that technology solutions support the organization’s targeted business outcomes, deliver new capabilities and align with enterprise technology standards. The Enterprise Architect, Finance Systems is a leader in researching, reviewing, and recommending new or innovative technology solutions from the perspective of design, integration, security, and technical fit with existing systems. The Enterprise Architect, Finance Systems creates roadmaps and blueprints that set a direction for managing the organization's portfolio of "to be" and "as is" solutions — including APIs/services, shared infrastructure, data and application services that deliver cost-effective, reusable and flexible solution platforms.
- Understand business drivers and capabilities needed to determine enterprise solution architecture and deliver solutions to support the organization's targeted business outcomes.
- Manage and develop the enterprise architecture for a of variety projects, working closely with Business Relationship Managers, Operations, Application Development, Infrastructure, and Security teams to deliver a cohesive and adaptable solution architecture.
- Provide consulting support to project teams to ensure the projects are aligned with the overall enterprise architecture.
- Analyze & monitor industry trends, emerging technologies and determine their potential impact on the enterprise
- Develop principles, standards, and solution patterns to guide and govern the alignment of solutions with the strategic architecture vision.
- Develop platform or application roadmaps for the evolution of the enterprise application portfolio from future to current state (as defined by the solutions architecture).
- Identify the organizational impact (for example, on skills, processes, structures or culture) and financial impact of the solutions architecture.
- Interfaces across business and technology areas, acting as visionary to proactively assist in defining the direction for future projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree from a regionally accredited four-year college or university in Computer Science, Software Engineering or a related field and 8+ years of relevant architecture experience required
- Graduate Degree, preferred.
- Minimum of 8 years of experience in at least two IT disciplines, including technical architecture, cloud computing, application development (web, mobile, etc.), integration architecture, information architecture, business intelligence & analytics.
- Experience with a Financial ERP System (Workday, Oracle, etc.) required.
- Knowledge of Workday Financials, AWS technologies, Mulesoft 4, and cloud computing are considered a plus.
- Understanding of multiple business domains - Procurement, Logistics & Distribution, Marketing, Sales, Finance, Product Development, Human resources, Operations & Manufacturing.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills - teamwork, facilitation and negotiation.
- Strong leadership skills
- Excellent analytical and technical skills
- Strong background in an Architecture discipline – Enterprise, Application, Solution
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent understanding of application development, infrastructure and network architecture
- Ability to research, understand and apply new technologies and solutions
- Ability to work with project teams in both a managed service or in/outsourced environment