About the Role
As a Language Specialist, Spanish LATAM, on the quality team within the Globalization team, you will play a key role in translating, reviewing and ensuring high quality on-brand localized content for Spanish LATAM, covering a vast and rapidly growing language market at the We Company.
The Language Specialist will work directly with Localization Project Managers and content creators to ship the best localized experiences to our members in respective LATAM markets. This individual will also own and drive localization initiatives and processes in their market to support the localization of a set of WeWork products, features, and campaigns at scale. Additionally, this role will support the Localization Quality Manager in quality initiatives well as actively supply to the optimization of linguistic assets (TMs, Glossaries, Style Guides).
About the Mission
The Globalization team's mission is to share the magic of We globally. We are building the We Company's Globalization infrastructure and services to support the production of high quality localized content in over 25 languages for 450K (& growing) WeWork members worldwide.
- Ensure all localized WeWork products are on brand and culturally/linguistically appropriate for diverse Spanish LATAM markets
- Translate, edit or review translations of marketing content per LPMs’ project needs
- Under direction of LPMs, execute special and ad-hoc localization projects from project inception through completion - includes LQAs, translation clean-ups, and more
- Work with external translation vendors and internal teams to manage resolution of all target translation issues and act as a single point of contact for all issues related to the target language
- Act as consultants for content creation and local content targeting
- Collect, aggregate and assess feedback on vendor translation quality
- Manage expectations and collaborate with local stakeholders to hyper-localize content per specific LATAM markets as needed
- Contribute to optimization of linguistic assets for the target language: style guides, glossaries and TMs
- Participate with team quality initiatives to ensure coverage for target markets
- Commit to a monthly newsletter with updates from target markets
- 5+ years of language specialist/translation experience in Globalization or related preferred, with a consistent track record of successful localization projects in marketing and tech / web content
- BA degree in General Linguistics, Spanish Language Philology or Translation
- Hands-on experience and expertise in CAT tools and understanding of cloud-based translation management systems (preferably Smartling)
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills
- Culturally proficient and able to effectively communicate with a diverse LATAM audience
- Quality driven and organized self-starter capable of balancing and prioritizing multiple projects with minimal mentorship
- Ability to balance independent tasks / goals while contributing to team goals and collaborating with other team members
- Flexibility to deal with frequent changes, delays, interruptions, and unexpected events
- Accustomed to working in a fast-paced environment with varying demands
- Client-focused service experience
- Good technical and problem solving skills
Nice to Have
- Spanish LATAM program management or g11n quality assurance experience
- Firsthand market knowledge obtained through travel or previous experience of various LATAM markets
- Data-oriented, capable of building quality framework and KPIs per target markets
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical and digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members and employees. We build software and hardware that enables our members to connect with each other and the space around them like never before.
We augment our community and culture teams through the tools we build. We believe there’s a macro shift toward a new way of working—one focused on a movement towards meaning and purpose.
WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement. We are a team of passionate, fearless and collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.