About The Role
The Billing & Payments Technology group in WeWork Tel Aviv is looking for experienced and passionate engineering leaders that thrive in focused and highly collaborative teams. As an EM you will directly manage a team of engineers and will be working closely with the Product, Design, Data and Engineering teams to define and execute on projects. You will work in a dynamic environment, having the chance to impact the architecture and product aspects using multiple scalable, reliable platforms with several products. We are looking for someone experienced in leading technical teams, has hands-on development experience, experienced on agile methodologies implementation and adheres self-learning.
Our current technology stack is primarily Go, Ruby on Rails, React, AWS and Kubernetes.
About Billing & Payments
Our mission is to enable WeWork to grow by providing a useful and simple billing and payments member experience, and a scalable billing and payments platform, while ensuring financial health. Our hyper-growth entails endless technological challenges, along with personal and professional growth opportunities. We’re currently designing and building WeWork’s billing and payments platform with a microservices approach from the ground up, touching on many cutting-edge leading SaaS technologies.
- At least 5 years experience in hands-on development roles
- Minimal 3 years of experience as Team leader
- Proven experience in leading the fundamental of a feature design principles behind a scalable application (functional & technical) using agile methodology
- Proven ability to motivate people and instill ownership, reliability, teamwork, and commitment
- Experience with our technology stack a major plus (Go, Ruby on Rails, React, AWS and Kubernetes)
- Experience in fast-growing startups or companies is a big advantage
- Experience on distributed / microservices architecture design and implementation
- B.Sc. in Computer Science or equivalent
- Experience in billing and payments systems
- You’re passionate about engineering
- You want to have an impact on stakeholders and the business
- You have great communication skills
- You have a get things done attitude
- You mentor other developers when needed
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of “space as a service”. From identifying and designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, and improve the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout and form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 450+ buildings in 30+ countries and will be our rare advantage as the company continues to grow.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.