The We Company is an organization committed towards helping people around the world make a life, and not just a living. We accomplish this through the thoughtful design of our spaces and technology.
We build and maintain a wide range of technology to support our mission. Infrastructure powers our buildings, applications, services and most importantly our members.The Infrastructure Security team is the nervous system that allows The We Company to operate while protecting assets and reducing risk, delivering transparent and innovative information security solutions.
About the Role
The Ie Security Engineer will be responsible for securing and hardening The We Company’s infrastructure including but not limited to systems, networks, endpoints, SaaS integrations, and IoT devices. The engineer will work closely with We’s Corporate and Building Technology, Product, and Engineering teams to ensure the security of our infrastructure. The ideal candidate with be tenacious, vendor agnostic and familiar with large internal networks and systems. You will participate in security reviews of our infrastructure, help with research, and test new technologies.
- Ensure all systems and networks are being monitored and logged for security operations team
- Patching and Vulnerability management
- Participate in the implementation of information security plans related to The We Company Corporate Technology and its stakeholders
- Create and maintain audit and review processes for security, such as firewall and VPN policies to certify building technology globally and mobile fleet management to ensure all devices are within standard and compliance
- Maintain endpoint security baseline standards and policies
- Implement and update policies for CASB and DLP solutions
- Partner with Corporate Technology and stakeholders to provide secure and documented integrations for SaaS and application suites
- Work with product and systems teams to perform threat models for relevant features
- Collaborate with We’s infrastructure teams to provide OS/System hardening guidelines
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field and/or 5+ years of equivalent work experience required
- Excellent analytical, troubleshooting, and interpersonal skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to translate technical risks and exposures to a business perspective
- Self-motivated and able to work independently in fast paced and high-pressure environment
Desired Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience with large scale networking and security infrastructure
- Successfully participated in the design of secure architecture while mitigating security risks for enterprise clients
- Hands on experience with Windows OS and Active Directory, Mobile device management (MDM) solutions
- Working knowledge of scripting languages (Python preferred; shell accepted)
- Proficiency in, but not limited to:
- Network protocols such as TCP/IP, HTTPS, SSH, TLS, DNS, SNMP, 802.1X
- Firewalls, proxies, and UNIX-based systems
- Security concepts and technologies such as IDS/IPS, VPNs, D/DoS
- Single sign-on solutions, endpoint protection solutions, and policies
- Ability to identify and propose solutions that improve security capabilities & drive operational efficiencies
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.