Our data & recommendation team is seeking for experienced product manager to join our fast-growing China technology team. You will directly work with leaders in application and online service development team, system architects, and critical customers. The key objectives for you to achieve are:
- Define, plan and manage the execution on the delivery of our data platform used by the rest of the company for streaming and batch computation and to train machine learning models
- Understand data platform ecosystem and intrinsic interconnections, and enable high quality data extraction, transformation, storing, loading and processing services, and business oriented and optimized recommendation engines, where consumers and producers of data can depend on each other safely
- Strike for quality and innovation in the procedure of working and supporting our data platform customer, and be proud to open source the bits from our work to amaze broader range of users
Candidate should have a clear understanding of how modern large-scale data platform is built; assess the risk of certain features or get a more accurate gut feeling about the duration of stories or tasks. He/she should also be highly analytical, thinks about problems in a structured way, is passionate about generating hypotheses for business problems, and work with team to deliver actionable insights and recommendations. Thus, the role requires strong technical background in the areas of large distribution business platform and modern data infrastructure, and general machine learning and recommendation.
Job duties include gathering requirements from existing and potential customers as well as recent evaluators, managing product backlogs, monitoring the implementation of each product project, and report out progress and status.
Essential Functions/Major Responsibilities
- Determine requirements for key data platform services and features
- Write specs detailing functional, reliability and performance requirements
- Lead a team of data engineers to plan, prioritize, execute and deliver on Sprint basis
- Manage complex projects dependencies and interdependencies simultaneously
- Conduct analysis to determine the impact of newly released bits and conclude follow-ups
- Communicate project progress and status, and present the team and its work internally and externally
Experience, Competencies, and Education
- 5+ years of product experience (experience in data platform or machine learning preferred)
- Sound working experience in information technology industry, i.e. software companies, Internet companies, etc., and successful delivery of platformized products / services
- Strong analytical and strategic thinking skills for identifying product / service opportunities
- Very experienced with Agile / Scrum methodologies and tools (like Jira, Conference Wiki, etc.)
- Experience in using, managing and/or building cloud services in Alicloud is a plus
- Experience in managing condense teams in a fast-paced environment is a plus
- Fluency in English, both speaking and writing
- Out-of-Box thinker
- Okay with wearing different hats and have "let's do it" approach to product management
- Excellent communicator – both oral and written
- Strong organizational skills
- Aggressive, results-driven orientation
- Extremely detail oriented
- Team player who does whatever it takes to succeed and works well with other teams
About WeWork Technology
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical and digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members and employees. We build software and hardware that enables our members to connect with each other and the space around them like never before. We believe there’s a macro shift toward a new way of working—one focused on a movement towards meaning and purpose. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 400+ buildings in 25+ countries and will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.
We are a team of passionate, fearless and collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.