WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data and technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster and smarter, and ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies and dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
The mission of Growth Technology is to deliver technology that powers the growth of our core businesses, by providing the right products to the right people at the right price at the right time. It includes how we create product offerings out of SKUs, sellable inventory, and membership rules, at a dynamically optimized price. Growth Tech covers the entire journey of a member, from their first interaction with our website or a salesperson, all the way through providing the right account visibility and flexibility so they stay a member for life and grow with us.
- Design and develop new scalable, versatile services and APIs from scratch.
- Decompose services from an existing monolith where necessary and design, develop and maintain them in production.
- Mentor junior engineers and take an active interest in their technical advancement.
- Help steer technical direction and evangelise best practices.
- Translate and effectively communicate business speak into tech speak and vice versa.
- Take the lead in creating a team culture that you would want to invite your friends to work in.
- Partner with managers in hiring and building the engineering team.
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Proficient in Java
- Proficient in a modern Front End framework (i.e. ReactJS, AngularJS, emberJS, etc)
- Proficient in a dynamically typed language based framework (i.e. Ruby on Rails, Django, Elixir/Phoenix, NodeJS, etc)
- Experience working with AWS, GCP or other cloud service providers
- Strong knowledge of object oriented principles and design patterns
- Worked on a production system based on microservices and distributed systems
- Have excellent communication skills, are a self starter and be resourceful
Nice to have
- Mobile engineering experience
- Familiarity with popular tools and frameworks like Docker, Kubernetes, gRPC, Prometheus, OpenTracing, Fluentd, gRPC, Envoy, Jaeger, Notary, Vitess, NATS, ...
- Experience using design patterns such as - Domain driven design, event sourcing, CQRS, data streaming, log aggregation, distributed tracing, audit logging, etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.