WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The mission of Real Estate & Development is to enable our teams across real estate, architecture, design, construction, and project management with the most up to date technology. Our technology allows for a better ability to source and close deals, design and build more efficiently, and manage the construction process end to end. We're supporting the core business here in RedTech and would love to have you on the team!
As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will be primarily responsible for scoping and delivering large projects end-to-end. Responsibilities include ownership of a program encompassing one or more products, driving project schedules from design to release, and managing the program launch. You will be making appropriate trade-offs to optimize for quality and time-to-market, clearly communicating goals, roles, responsibilities, and desired outcomes to internal and external cross-functional and remote project teams.
The right candidate will possess a strong program management background, will have demonstrated experience leading medium to large projects, and will have a well-rounded technical background in current software and/or hardware disciplines. You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities. This means you are not only able to develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but can also roll up your sleeves, dig in and get the job done.
- Technical Program Managers (TPM) would be responsible for driving product vision into actual working software or product. They would be Single Threaded Owner (STO) of the program.
- Responsible for identifying dependencies and creating a project plan that would span across various engineering teams.
- Manage and track dependencies during project execution phase, report out issues and escalate as and when needed, highlight and track risks
- Run forums to share status and bring concerns/issues to the table wherever help is needed.
- TPM is responsible for bringing business, engineering and product on the same page with a goal to deliver product/features.
- TPM will streamline and implement processes as they observe challenges slowing down product and engineering development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
- 8+ years of technical program management experience
- Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and project planning/execution skills including estimating and scheduling.
- Excellent analytical and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work successfully across all engineering disciplines.
- Maturity, judgment, and proven ability to lead and influence others.
- Independently driven, resourceful, and able to deliver results with minimal direction.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively with developers, business owners, and senior business leaders.
- High sense of ownership, urgency, and drive.
Nice to have:
- Masters degree in computer science
- Prior experience as an engineer
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.