About the Position
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of “space as a service”. From identifying and designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, and improve the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout and form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 200+ buildings in 20+ counties and will be our rare advantage as the company continues to grow.
The Service Infrastructure group's mission is to drive our customer’s success by delivering and operating all the infrastructure WeWork teams need in order to build great products. We focus on providing cross-organization dependency visibility, improving cost and efficiency to achieve the company’s goals.
- Cultivate a culture of quality and consistent delivery
- Develop coach, motivate and lead engineers to do what's best for the company and for their own careers
- Meet customers, gather requirements and ensure the foundation services are aligned with their need and success
- Own best practice and standardization for the technology organization.
- Be hands-on with cloud technology and manage problems and incidents
- Mentor the development of your team, building and executing on their personal development plans that map to our organization goals.
- Recruit and hire talented engineers to join the Service Platform group.
- Improve efficiency, reliability and scalability of the WeWork technology
- You have 5+ years of software development engineering experience
- You have 1+ years of successful engineering management experience
- Previous operational responsibility for business critical production systems
- You have the ability to work in a dynamic and hyper growth work environment
- Past experience building and designing Platform as a Services
- Past experience with the Kubernetes/Cloud Native Foundation/Golang/AWS stack