WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
About the team
The Building Technology team’s mission is to Empower WeWork and its Members with world class technology infrastructure, support and services. We are building best in class systems to deliver technology infrastructure and IT services to our Members in an automated, elastic, and easy-to-consume way. The technology we build and manage has allowed WeWork to scale to 300+ buildings in 20+ countries and continues to be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow. Ultimately our goal is to make technology as frictionless as possible for our Members so that they can focus on creating their life’s work.
About the role
A Solutions Architect will work directly with enterprise level members in client relations, technical sales, engineering design development, and project management to contribute to the mission of delivering IT-as-a-Service and Infrastructure-as-a-Service products at scale. You will combine strategic and business thinking, analytical thinking, and technical knowledge to create bespoke technical solutions to meet our members’ needs.
In this role, you will ensure technical viability of new projects and successful deployments, orchestrating key resources, and infusing key infrastructure technologies. You will contribute to the growth of the department and business offering by creating new solutions that can be repeated for future deployment.
Through collaboration with our enterprise members, you will develop standards specific to them for implementation into a variety of WeWork and member-leased real estate. You will track the success of projects post deployment and iterate on offerings based on client feedback and success parameters.
This is a great opportunity for someone who has excellent technical and communication skills and excels in a client facing role. You must have a proven track record of bringing together SMEs to collaborate and rapidly solve problems.
- Provide IT Solutions for Enterprise Member Accounts, tailored to specific requirements, including managed network services, video conferencing, internet services, network and physical security, etc.
- Manage client relationships. Able to collect requirements and offer sound solutions to meet specific tech needs. Demonstrate excellent customer service skills including empathy, diplomacy, and problem solving.
- Generating project budgets and proposals. Able to manage project costs and schedules.
- Create project proposals and service contracts around technology services
- Manage budgets, schedules, and financial aspects of IT Services
- Contribute to the growth and development of an emerging business line
- Establish Support structures and appropriate communication regarding IT Services for Enterprise Member Accounts
- Provide support by working with different departments to prioritize, Technology related, high level items and escalated issues
- Exceed Enterprise Member expectations in delivering core technology components included in WeWork Memberships
- Available to travel as needed throughout the region in which you work
- Must have a Bachelor’s degree or higher in Engineering or Information Technology
- 5+ years experience working in a client facing consulting role across multiple project types. Experience working with Fortune 500 companies preferred.
- Experienced in technical sales, managed services, proposal generation, RFP/RFQ, budgeting, and revenue generation
- Broad knowledge of low voltage infrastructure, systems networking, telecommunications, audio visual design, and security compliance
- Proficiency in reading and interpreting floor plans, technical drawings and specifications
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical partners across all levels of the organization
- Maintain positive relationships with Enterprise Key Accounts and internal Team Members
- Ability to prioritize, manage multiple projects, and execute in a fast-paced and dynamic environment with a strong work ethic and ownership mentality
- Perform and contribute at a high level working both independently as well as part of a team
- Experienced in project management and sales software such as Salesforce, Trello, Airtable, and Monday
- Certifications such as PMP, Network+, CCNA, CCNP, and /or RDCC are a plus
Who you are:
- Someone who is ready to get their hands dirty
- Gets happy and excited that no two days are the same
- Loves working with numerous people day to day
- Systematic thinker
- Never take yourself too seriously
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.