Our team is looking for an experienced Product Manager to lead the vision and product development of WeWork’s proprietary pricing recommendation engine. You will be responsible for the end-to-end scope of building a robust pricing API service - from defining the business case to designing the end-user experiences to developing a global launch plan. In this role, you’ll work closely with colleagues across Strategy, Growth, Sales, Finance, Engineering, Data Science, Design, Research, and Marketing to bring your ideas to life.
You must have exceptional problem solving skills, strong business judgment, and demonstrated leadership experience leading on initiatives that involve multiple cross-functional teams. We are looking for a seasoned manager with validated ability to execute both strategically and tactically. This role will require team management skills, ability to translate clients' needs to action, and a focus on execution.
- Define, manage, and evolve product strategy, roadmap, and vision
- Identify and prioritize key issues or needs in the existing user experience, while bringing to bear savvy technical knowledge and product instincts to deliver world-class solutions
- Own product performance by setting proper success metrics and tracking them in a way to maintain accountability but also inform the future product roadmap
- Communicate with partners to keep abreast of their needs and experience concerns
- Operate a cross-functional unit in an agile setting, with well-defined sprints, clear product backlogs, and forward-looking plans that align to your mission and success metrics
- Create product requirements documents (PRD) to clearly outline goals, metrics to track progress, considerations, use cases, user experiences, and feature specifications to detail how products and features should be built
- Work directly with engineering, data scientists and design to ensure our products exceed standards of quality and reflect WeWork’s brand
- Develop strong strategic relationships with internal and external partners and business teams in order to collaborate on product software development and manage needs and expectations
- Monitor industry trends to find opportunities and modify strategies
- 5 to 7 years of product management experience, several of which should include full ownership of a product roadmap and vision
- You’ve shipped at least a couple API-based products
- Experience building and leading businesses, including ownership and optimization of business performance metrics
- Strong technical skills to oversee the platforms that support our member apps, including deep understanding of software design, data structures, and APIs
- System design thinking to ensure we scale our platforms effectively
- Lead with data and research, not assumptions. You find a way to get the data you need and whip it into an insightful story with no help. You know how to leverage this data to make decisions without getting stuck in analysis paralysis
- Proven ability to take on complex product challenges and find elegant, simplifying solutions to avoid making them our users and partner’s problem and set clear goals that are shared throughout the organization
- You have shipped a variety of products requiring significant cross-functional teamwork and can speak to the process of designing and building them with great detail
- You are very organized - you write detailed user stories, maintain your backlog
- You are biased toward action, a great collaborator, a master disambiguation/simplification, and constantly pushing toward clarity and delivery
Nice to have
- Prior experience with pricing, and/or revenue management, is an advantage
- Background from both startups and large companies is an advantage
- JIRA, Confluence, Google Suite (Sheets, Docs, Slides)
- Familiarity with SQL, Python, is a plus
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical and digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members and employees. We build software and hardware that enables our members to connect with each other and the space around them like never before.
We augment our community and culture teams through the tools we build. We believe there’s a macro shift toward a new way of working—one focused on a movement towards meaning and purpose. WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement.
We are a team of passionate, fearless and collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.