Senior Data Engineer, Member Experience, WeWork
The Member Experience mission at WeWork delivers experiences that create intelligent spaces & connected communities to make people happier and more productive at work. We build products to foster a sense of community in our digital and physical spaces, enable increased productivity for our members, and evolve the ways in which members connect within the community. A recent TechCrunch article highlights some of our work -
We're looking for a technical leader in our Data Engineering team to build the data architecture to democratize access to data and insights. You will drive initiatives to evolve our data infrastructure, build reliable data models, surface key company metrics, and develop tools that streamline data discovery and knowledge sharing. The perfect candidate will have strong data infrastructure and data architecture skills, strong operational skills to drive efficiency and speed. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
- Technical leadership to evolve our data engineering and analytics practices.
- Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production.
- Drive data quality across all product areas.
- Build cross-functional relationships with Data Scientists, Product Managers and Software Engineers to understand data needs and deliver on those needs.
- Provide technical mentorship and hands-on guidance to more junior team members.
- Develop and instill best practices within the team and with partner groups.
- 5+ years of experience as a BI Engineer or Data Engineer.
- Communication and leadership experience, with experience initiating and driving projects.
- Data architecture experience.
- Experience with the following tools
- Big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Data pipeline and self-service workflow management tools: Airflow, Luigi, etc.
- Stream processing systems: Spark-Streaming, Flink, Storm, etc.
- Object-oriented/objected-functional scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or other quantitative field.
- Experience building on the AWS Cloud, including EC2, S3, and EMR.
- Experience with Snowflake.
- Experience with Anomaly Detection systems.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or other quantitative field.
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical and digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members and employees. We build software and hardware that enables our members to connect with each other and the space around them like never before.
We augment our community and culture teams through the tools we build. We believe there is a macro shift toward a new way of working, one focused on a movement towards meaning and purpose. WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement.
We are a team of passionate, fearless and collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.