The Client Engineering Team builds applications, APIs, and design systems that empower our members – and developers – to make the most of the spaces where they live, work, and play. These interfaces help members navigate, visualize, and access space on a global scale. We call this digital infrastructure for the physical world.
Our full stack engineers bridge the gap between our backend services and frontend systems on Core Platform. You'll work alongside our infrastructure and design experts to bring new features and applications to both WeWork members and developers.
You may be a fit for this role if you:
- Value design and empathize with the many different types of WeWork members
- Have experience as a generalist – you've touched frontend, backend, and anything else needed to deliver easy-to-use applications for users
- Enjoy bringing together different services in production applications, even if you have not worked with them before. We use Kubernetes+Go and React+Typescript but we care much more about your approach to engineering than the languages you know
- Thrive in a collaborative, empathetic environment. You understand the patience, communication, and teamwork that it takes to deliver challenging projects
- Have a strong CS background
Projects we’re working on:
Here are a few projects you could work on with us!
- A space visualization toolkit that lets potential members view WeWork spaces without visiting a physical site
- An application suite for managing and deploying WeWork's next generation access control system
- A global identity platform that lets you log into any We Company experience from a single interface – whether you're attending a Meetup event or booking a conference room in a WeWork space
The We Company started as a platform for creators in providing members space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life’s work. WeWork alone has grown to over 400,000 members in 26 countries as one of the many business lines of the We Company to help people achieve their purpose and connect with others.
Our dedication to technological innovation has enabled us to grow to more than 400 workspace locations as well as support the other business lines including WeLive (living space), WeGrow (education), Rise by We (wellness) and Powered by We (enterprise). Every day, we see and feel the impact we can have on an employee’s and member’s lives. We do good work on every scale, and we’re proud of it.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.