WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of “space as a service”. From identifying and designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, and enhance the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout and form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 450+ buildings in 40+ countries and will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.
The Sr. Manager, Customer Support is responsible to ensure support is provided in a timely, customer-oriented, and comprehensive manner. The successful candidate will work directly with Engineering, Product Management, Customer Success and our partner network to provide a high level of support to Powered by We customers and partners.
Promote a support culture that goes above and beyond what the customer expects and ensuring that every customer support contact is positive. Manage service level agreements and customer satisfaction levels. Identify and promote opportunities to reduce the amount of support effort required by agents and customers through product improvements, training, online support, and self-service. Provide leadership and motivation by establishing clear expectations and coaching employees to achieve support goals. Plan and manage the team’s schedules and their professional and technical development. Communicate specific performance feedback through regularly scheduled one-on-one meetings with each team member.
- Manage and maintain a team of technically skilled technical resources that support our customers and work directly with Engineering, Customer Success, and our partners.
- Ensure customer service excellence and guaranteed response times by actively monitoring support cases to ensure all are resolved in a timely and comprehensive manner.
- Review support tickets for accuracy and to look for any trends that might indicate product problems or customer confusion. Identify product improvements and prioritize with Product Management.
- Leverage metrics to drive key performance indicators that result in improved service delivery and customer satisfaction
- Keep abreast of product plans and schedule training's/briefings for support team members.
- Coach team members to provide customer-centric support that solves the problem, taking into account customer preferences.
- Coach team members to guide customers toward self-serve support options in a service- oriented manner.
- Actively manage the support schedule and work assignments.
- Ensure each team member is actively contributing to the improvement of online services by setting expectations and contribution goals.
- Continually assess team skills and knowledge, and usefulness of available resources and support tools and actively work with internal Support Operations as well as other departments within the company to address gaps.
- Continuously provide opportunities for team members to develop marketable skills
- Work with training leads to ensure new hire and ongoing training is comprehensive and effective.
- Maintain one-on-one meeting schedule with each direct report to provide performance feedback, coaching, goal setting, and to discuss potential projects and training needs.
- Serve as first level escalation from support team members and pursue each escalation as an opportunity to turn the customer around and into a fan.
- Leadership and management of the Technical Support team including resource management, hiring, mentorship, and performance management.
- 5+ years of supervisory/people management experience in software and hardware technical support department, working in a global contact center environment.
- 4+ years of experience as a Customer Service Representative in a software technical support department.
- Experience in multi-language service delivery
- Strong understanding and service delivery experience of SaaS products
- Basic familiarity with calendaring software (Outlook, O365, Google for Business)
- Basic familiarity with iOS & Android platforms.
- Use of independent judgement under minimum supervision
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, problem solving skills.
- Track record of recruiting and building strong teams
- Experience with Salesforce Service Cloud CRM
- Uncanny ability to juggle and prioritize a high volume workload and handle details accurately and in a timely manner under pressure. Strong organizational skills.
- Willingness to work off hours or be on call as needed
- Deliver customer support like you expect to receive it; with excellence.
- Ability to inspire passion in others