WeWork is looking for a Staff Software Engineer in the mission of Real Estate & Development Technology (“RedTech”) with significant search experience to join the Underwriting and Analytics team for DealTrack in the RedTech organization. We’re looking to revolutionize real-estate and construction and we’re building a brand-new search and analytics platform to power that revolution.
We are looking for someone who has built out search infrastructures and implementation time and again and at scale, choosing the right search platform and indexing strategy for the task at hand. This person will be responsible for owning the design and architecture of the search platform, building it from scratch based on business and technical requirements. We expect you to weigh all search infrastructure offerings and decide on the best course of action weighing time-to-market, cost, and building strategic software.
Additionally, you'll have leadership responsibility over building out other parts of DealTrack architecture, specifically the analytics platform that we will use to power the decisioning engine for DealTrack Deal Management to turbo-charge our Underwriting and Analytics business.
- Q2 - Infrastructure Investment
- Move DealTrack Search touch points to unified search solution
- Design and build search infrastructure to power deep searches
- Streaming Indexing Strategy
- search / AWS setup and configuration
- Index / document design - mapping from relational to document structure and take n-depth connectedness (Financial Models associated with Deals - first instance)
- Provide direction and guidance over our data model and data strategy
- Create Data Pipeline to power machine learning
- Create data-lake and collection framework
- Create ETL layer to shape the data for consumption
- Partner with the data-science team to generate learnings that we can feed back to the system and provide visibility to our decision makers
- Instill a culture of data continuity and data-driven and data-pipeline-driven development..
- Experience with Elasticsearch, Solr, or Apache Lucene
- Experience with Hadoop, Spark, or AWS EMR
- Experience with AWS Cloudformed environments
- Experience with Java, Spring, MySql, micro services
- Bonus: Python NLTK (NLP Toolkit)
- Experience leading search and/or machine learning pipeline buildouts
We are an elite team of passionate, fearless and collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
WeWork is an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.