WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe with space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is crafting a layer of technology to power our vision of “space as a service”. From identifying, designing and building a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, and improve the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout and form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 200+ buildings in 20+ counties and will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.
About the Role
The Integrations QA Senior Lead will provide guidance and support on operational business improvement as it relates to API, enterprise integration and automation initiatives. As WeWork grows and rapidly expands, quality assurance and testing are critical to the business to ensure we deliver creative, scalable and robust solutions that are reusable, system agnostic and of the highest caliber. The ideal candidate has experience building out testing requirements, documentation, processes, roadmaps and executing testing for API’s across a broad range of platforms. This candidate must be experienced in the enterprise integration ecosystem. The QA Senior Lead will be a critical team member, who has the ability to lead collaborative, cross-functional testing efforts across a wide spectrum of applications.
The Integrations QA Senior Lead must be highly analytical and adept at working in a team environment, collaborating with the core Business Systems and Integration team, as well as teams across the organization that use API’s as a method of integration- including Finance, Technology, Supply Chain and Human Resources. The ability to prioritize multiple projects, triage competing priorities, and effectively partner with stakeholders is imperative to this role.
This role will report to the Director of Engineering, Business Systems, and will be highly collaborative with Integrations, Product and across Finance and Technology.
- Candidates must have demonstrable experience in experience managing the design, development and delivery of testing requirements for API/SaaS applications, with a focus on workflow and process solutions
- Strong background in in QA for SaaS/API applications and knowledge of unit, integration and performance testing is required
- Collaborate with internal/external stakeholders, product and integrations teams to collect and document requirements, build sustainable, comprehensive testing plans/protocols and deliver testing roadmaps
- Own the testing process to ensure adherence to quality standards and evangelize the QA testing methodology within the business systems team
- Work closely with the integrations team to find API/programming defects and drive time-sensitive resolution, as well as communication, on all defects/issues that arise
- Collaborate with teams to assess when automation is not feasible, and deliver on testing process/plans that require a higher degree of manual effort/touchpoints
- Shape and improve the QA and testing processes in line with continuous business and process improvement
- Analyze and track QA-related artifacts and metrics for reporting and auditing purposes
- Collaborate effectively within the Business Systems team, with cross-functional stakeholders and internal consumers of data where API’s are used as a method of integrations to ensure visibility and seamless/on-time delivery of requirements
- Effectively implement quality assurance best practices for SaaS / API applications
- Demonstrated experience writing software requirement and test specifications
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Management Information Systems or a related field
- 3+ years experience in QA for SaaS / API applications and familiarity with API-led integration environments
- Comfortable using an automated test framework for web applications (Selenium, etc.)
- Experience in data modification and API testing
- Experience building and implementing QA processes, protocols and timelines
- Deep understanding of unit, integration and performance testing
- Experience with large scale web applications/ ERP systems
- Functional financial and/or financial systems exposure is a preferred
- Exposure to JIRA is preferred
- Workday, Mule4 and/or Java experience is a plus
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong communication skills