About This Role
WeWork’s Business Analyst, Revenue Systems is a key member of the Finance Systems team, and will have a passion for strategic prioritization, user story mapping, data analysis, process optimization, user acceptance, change management and enabling finance organizations to scale through technology iterations . You will combine your passion for technology with a background in Finance & Accounting, have an innate ability to learn new systems and tools quickly, and you thrive on working with the Finance Organization to understand system & process pain points, document requirements, collaborate with developers and product experts to deliver solutions and drive projects to execution to meet business goals. You are a fantastic communicator and understand the value of managing change in a faced-paced organization.
The Business Analyst, Revenue Systems will be a member of a team located in New York and will collaborate to deliver projects and new system functionality across WeWork’s Finance organization. The successful candidate will ensure that Finance Systems meets the hyper-growth demands of our global finance organization, while aligning with company goals, through leading an Agile team to exceed the expectations of its users and stakeholders.. This position reports to the Director, Revenue Systems.
You are an out-of-the box thinker, a team player, a hustler and life-long learner. You understand our business and the systems we run on. You comfortable owning business relationships, running meetings with project stakeholders and you understand the value of Workday, its functionalities and the structure of our metadata. You understand dependencies, risks, and cross-functional system impacts. You can lead change management, communication and training elements to evangelize and roll-out new functionality to the Finance Organization. You treat the business as your customer and bring initiative, self-direction and the ability to meet deadlines while simultaneously understanding when to take action to escalate issues and risks.
The Business Analyst will have a number of responsibilities, focused on working with the Global Finance Organization to define and organize new system functionality in-line with business goals and collaborating with a team of System Engineers to effectively prioritize and deliver new, positively disruptive features and projects. You will help drive projects from start to finish by building and owning a product backlog, generating user stories/requirements, providing support through data analysis, and contributing to our overall performance and strategy. This role will provide value in the following areas, playing a pivotal role in effectively working with systems & cross-functional finance teams to deliver & communicate effective solutions on schedule:
- Leading “Jobs to be Done”, shadowing, and data analysis of key users and stakeholders to properly generate new features
- Leading user story mapping sessions with stakeholders to properly build a product backlog
- Grooming backlogged user stories to ensure that all tickets are fully ready for prioritization and work
- Leading daily stand-up meetings and bi-weekly spring review/planning sessions
- Ensuring proper execution and documentation of QA and UAT
- Managing user adoption and Organizational Change Management concerns for new features and project releases
Skills & Professional Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, finance, accounting, business, MIS/CIS or a related discipline
- 5+ years of relevant professional experience, with a minimum of 4 years in a Technical Analyst role with direct exposure to technology transformation
- Experience with multiple, complex, global, cross-functional technology transformation projects that combine significant complexity, visibility, priority, and risk
- Finance/Accounting experience is required
- Experience with Workday Financials or other SaaS ERP products is preferred
- Experience working in an Agile environment is required, with experience working with JIRA/Confluence preferred
- Experience with working collaboratively on teams
- Track record of regular interaction with management
- Understanding of Sarbanes-Oxley Technology Controls preferred
- Experience with Workday or other SaaS ERP products
- Solid understanding of APIs and integrations