About the Role:
If you’re passionate about building a data pipeline and data models, and you are motivated to make an impact in creating a robust and scalable dwh and dashboards, come join us.
At WeWork, data sits in the center of our business, providing insights into the effectiveness of our physical and digital product & features. We believe data brings everything together and should be the driver for decision making.
As part of the Growth Technology mission, our data engineering team’s main focus is to data-drive the marketing and Demand Generation efforts.
We're looking for passionate Senior Data Engineer with extensive experience in designing, implementing and delivering data solutions.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will work with data stakeholders (business, product, and analysts) to design and build data warehouse dashboards, models, data pipelines and ETLs that efficiently deliver actionable insights.
About the Team:
Data is at the core of our business, providing insights into the effectiveness of our products. We build and operate the data pipeline for the entire product offering and growth team and customers and train ML models for advanced analytics. We aim for self service data culture and are looking forward for your contribution to the team.
- You will build and maintain a high-performance, fault-tolerant, secure, and scalable data pipeline
- You will partner with architects and business leaders to design and build data models and reports that bring meaningful and actionable insights
- Thinking through long-term impacts of key business decisions
- Building self-service data models to power our customers
- Strong communication skills, empathy, and initiative
- 5+ years of experience in data engineering
- Experience with building data pipeline including data acquisition
- Strong background in data warehouse concept and design
- Strong analytical skills
- Expert-level experience in SQL
- Strong background in MPP and columnar databases (redshift, snowflake…)
- Familiar with at least one scripting language (Python, Ruby, Perl, Bash)
- Experience working closely with Analytics/Data Science teams
- Experience with modern BI tools (Looker, Tableau, etc)
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data and technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster and smarter, and ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies and dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 210 in just over eight years.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.