WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of “space as a service”. From identifying and designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, and improve the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout and form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 400+ buildings in 25+ countries and will be our rare advantage as the company continues to grow.
The Infrastructure group is part the Developer Platform which mission is to drive our customer’s success by delivering the software, services, and infrastructure they need to build WeWork products. We focus on providing cross-organization dependency visibility, improving cost and efficiency to achieve the company’s goals.
- Design and develop tools and services in order to accelerate and optimize developer velocity.
- Develop and maintain runtime infrastructure (compute, storage, caching, messaging).
- Implement standard methodologies and evangelize them across the company, with an emphasis on the local region.
- Development of automated tooling for handling WeWork infrastructure.
- Ensure WeWork foundation technology is reliable, highly available, efficient, performant, flexible and enable innovation.
- Regional representative of information security & compliance.
- Participation in the worldwide (SF, NY, TLV) on-call rotation for all service infrastructure components.
- You have strong computer science fundamentals
- You are passionate about scale, quality, and performance.
- You have experience
- with open source software development.
- with distributed systems and asynchronous programming
- with Linux systems and services
- with cloud providers (AWS, GCP,...)
- one or more languages such as Java, C++, Go, Python or similar.
- 6 years of data infrastructure or back-end systems experience.
- You have excellent communication and documentation skills
Nice to have
- Familiar with the cloud-native computing foundation (Kubernetes, Prometheus, Open Tracking, Fluentd, gRPC, containers, RKT, CNI, Envoy, Jaeger, Notary, TUF, Vitess, CoreDNS, NATS, and istio… )
- Shell scripting
- Experience building back-end services utilized by other teams
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.