About the Role:
We are looking for a Design Researcher and Strategist who is radically inspired by people, gathers great insights, and contributes those insights to a design team creating and shipping new, innovative digital product experiences. This role serves as the champion and voice of our user; using this unique perspective to drive consensus between design, engineering and product partners and stakeholders. We are seeking savvy, curious Design Researchers and Strategists to help us vision and build our future technology products.
About our Team:
We believe that great design has the ability to engage and inspire our members and we strive to rethink and redefine how our WeWork members interact with other members, our physical spaces and the broader community team. Our design team is comprised of strategic thinkers and conceptual problem solvers who create new products, services and experiences.
- You will lead design research projects, synthesize insights, translate these findings to catalyze design and strategic decisions, and collaborate with the team to turn those insights into powerful design and vision.
- You will work closely with our product and technology partners to transform research and actionable insights into useable and engaging applications through ideation sessions, design sprints and creative collaboration.
- You will influence the product strategy and roadmap to ensure we are building with human-centered needs in mind
- You will partner across disciplines and business units at WeWork to understand user needs and drive decision-making
- Minimum of 5 years of qualitative research experience culminating in a sound ability to scope a research process, gather insights from secondary research, lead fieldwork, and conduct in-context interviews and observation.
- You are adept at applying research insights to the creation of design solutions
- Experience drawing from a variety of research methods–interviews, observation, diary studies, prototyping, surveys, user testing, and experiments–at different stages of the design process: to inspire early design work, inform the initial opportunity, collect formative feedback to support iteration, and validate a go-to-market solution.
- Exceptional at communicating and storytelling insights, strategy and early design solutions into artifacts that collaborators savor (journey maps, vision pieces, manifestos, concept illustrations, design principles)
- Experience researching across software, hardware, physical, and/or human interactions
- Ability to work flexibly and efficiently, exercising a balance between research rigor and design scrappiness
- High comfort level with ambiguity; Openness to critique from other disciplines and curiosity to learn from a spectrum of perspectives
WeWork is the platform for creators. We provide beautiful workspace, an inspiring community, and meaningful business services to tens of thousands of members around the world. WeWork members are creators who run the gamut from entrepreneurs, freelancers, and startups, to artists, small businesses and even divisions of large corporations. Beyond providing workspace for our members, we actively look for opportunity to provide services and experiences to foster an engaged and growing community of creators. We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.