The We Company started as a platform for creators in providing members space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life’s work. WeWork alone has grown to over 400,000 members in 26 countries as one of the many business lines of the We Company to help people achieve their purpose and connect with others.
Our dedication to technological innovation has enabled us to grow to more than 400 workspace locations as well as support the other business lines including WeLive (living space), WeGrow (education), Rise by We (wellness) and Powered by We (enterprise). Every day, we see and feel the impact we can have on an employee’s and member’s lives. We do good work on every scale, and we’re proud of it.
The Client Engineering team’s vision is to Humanize Everywhere! We support this mission by enabling deeper We* integration across applications – strengthening the connection between members and the spaces they occupy by bringing the Space, Building, and Hardware Kits to the devices and applications members use everyday. Together, as part of the Core Platform mission, we will build a unified underlying platform to stimulate, accelerate and scale member products and services.
We're looking for strong software engineers to help build client libraries and SDKS designed with quality for scale. We value initiative, drive, and diversity of thought. We believe in teamwork, positivity, tenacity, and bringing your authentic self to work. Join us in revolutionizing communities and space. Welcome home.
You will be working on one or more of the following squads as part of Core Clent Engineering:
- Access - physical access control via mobile keycards, distributed access management applications, community tools
- IoT - smart sensors and connected devices, custom hardware+firmware for IoT across WeWork’s global portfolio of physical spaces
- Space - physical space client libraries for rendering and interacting with floor plans, AR/VR
- Auth - native (Android, iOS, Web) AuthN and AuthZ libraries based on OAuth 2.0, OpenID, SSO, MFA
In each of these squads you will be expected to help build the SDKs, libraries, user flows, and best practices to work with the low level libraries provided by the various teams in Core Platform.
- Build scalable, performant, reusable & testable components
- Write amazing documentation.
- Research new technology, build prototypes, and write clean, maintainable code
- Work closely with product owner and product designer to review requirements & designs and break down work
- Support and solve issues (process & system), identify root cause, and actively implement balanced corrective actions
- Work with team to influence technology direction.
- Mentor junior engineers on the team.
- Use full stack with consumer grade UX/UI solutions and practices to engage and delight our internal platform users.
- 4+ yrs of experience.
- Able to drive sprints / multiple sprints given strategic direction
- Experience with service-oriented architecture and web application/services/mobile development
- Experience working in a UNIX/Linux environment
- Ability to clearly and concisely communicate with technical and non-technical stakeholders across all levels of the organization
Nice to have
- Experience in design and implementation of authentication schemes.
- Mapping and GIS experience
- Experience in building technology the consumers of which are other engineers.
- Understanding of Cloud technologies (K8s, ECS, CloudFormation, IAM, etc. a plus)
- Experience with Docker.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.