The We Company started as a platform for creators in providing members space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life’s work. WeWork alone has grown to over 400,000 members in 26 countries as one of the many business lines of the We Company to help people achieve their purpose and connect with others.
Our dedication to technological innovation has enabled us to grow to more than 400 workspace locations as well as support the other business lines including WeLive (living space), WeGrow (education), Rise by We (wellness) and Powered by We (enterprise). Every day, we see and feel the impact we can have on an employee’s and member’s lives. We do good work on every scale, and we’re proud of it.
Core Platform - BuildingKit System Integration
The mission of Core Platform BuildingKit team is to provide a unified platform to interact with smart spaces using IoT. BuildingKit powers and connects physical spaces with people, providing real-time insights in how space is utilized, who is accessing the space, how energy efficient space is and much more. BuildingKit platform abstract the infrastructure, signals and devices that enable building smart applications for managing spaces efficiently. In doing so we envision building an industry-wide standard for an operating system to manage large shared smart physical spaces. We are looking for experience in real-time data streaming pipelines, microservices, creation and management of developer platforms and APIs, distributed data systems, and more.
To make this happen, we need strong engineers, quick learners, self-starters, collaborating with cross functional teams. We value initiative, drive, and diversity of thought. We believe in teamwork, positivity, tenacity, and bringing your authentic self to work. Join us in revolutionizing communities and space. Welcome home.
- Deliver high-quality code, in accordance with standard methodologies
- Help build the next generation platform for building kit apps and apis to support mission critical applications to our members
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Champion of API and microservice best practices
- Proficiency in C/C++, Go(lang) and or java, scala, python
- Strong interest in scalable, future-proof architecture
Nice to Haves
- Experience in kubernetes and docker
- Device instrumentation / IoT experience and edge computing
- Experience in working with BMS/HVAC systems
- Experience in Wifi fingerprinting localization methods
- Knowledge on networking and wireless protocols such as Wifi, BLE, Zigbee and LoRa
- Great interpersonal skills, as this person will collaborate heavily with other members of the team
The We Company is an equal opportunity employer and values diversity in all its forms. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.