The We Company started as a platform for creators in providing members space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life’s work. WeWork alone has grown to over 400,000 members in 26 countries as one of the many business lines of the We Company to help people achieve their purpose and connect with others.
Our dedication to technological innovation has enabled us to grow to more than 400 workspace locations as well as support the other business lines including WeLive (living space), WeGrow (education), Rise by We (wellness) and Powered by We (enterprise). Every day, we see and feel the impact we can have on an employee’s and member’s lives. We do good work on every scale, and we’re proud of it.
Our Identity team’s vision is to celebrate and support the complexity of identities in the We world through digitally representing users, their relationships to each other, and space. The challenge is to build a scalable system that will ultimately deliver elegant customer experiences through access management. The mission of our Core Platform team is to unlock, accelerate, and scale the creative capabilities with which we connect people with physical space. We are building a backbone for all technical applications at WeWork through a common set of APIs, SDKs, embeddable libraries and configuration consoles. The work in our mission will touch every member and every employee in every office that we have.
We're looking for strong software engineering managers to help build an operating system for space designed with quality for scale. We value initiative, drive, and diversity of thought. We believe in teamwork, positivity, tenacity, and bringing your authentic self to work. Join us in revolutionizing communities and space. Welcome home.
- Deliver high-quality code, in accordance with standard methodologies, and oversee the work product of a growing engineering team
- Partnering with our talented team to hire great engineers and maintain the highest engineering standards
- Partner with business units and Product team in selecting and implementing suitable technology that aligns with overall systems architecture and data strategy
- 5+ years of software engineering experience
- Experience with data scaling and operations
- Diplomatic, practical cross-functional team collaboration (strong communication)
- Ability to break down a large vision into achievable parts
- Recruit and grow an extraordinary a world class team of engineers to drive the Identity space
- Experience with authentication systems
- Expertise in the security space
Nice to have
- Security/privacy data experience eg. GDPR, China/Russia conformance