As a member of the WeWork family—Teem, a leading software and analytics provider that gives enterprises the tools, data, and insights to help them optimize their spaces and unleash their team’s potential. In other words, insights and software to help us have better meetings and more productive days. We provide the software platform that many of the world’s most dynamic and forward-looking organizations use to improve the interaction between employees and their workplace, through meeting room scheduling, beacon and sensor technology integrations, and space utilization analytics and insights. We drive workplace productivity, efficiency and happiness for our incredible customers worldwide.
If you are an intelligent and dependable infrastructure, systems, or reliability engineer with a passion for building elegant and innovative systems and discovering simple ways to solve complex problems - you would be a great fit for our engineering team. If you are someone that can start contributing right away with advancing our build and deployment schemes and improving our systems scalability, reliability, and performance - we have an exciting and engaging opportunity waiting for you at Teem.
Who we are looking for:
The Senior DevOps / Site Reliability Engineer role is an essential position in the organization. Not only does this role help our production systems to run optimally and resiliently - but they also help our development teams to build and deliver code to production and assist with locating and resolving issues. Someone in this role should enjoy designing and automating systems that are scalable and resilient to system failure. This position should be filled by someone that loves learning new technologies and applying them where appropriate. With the ability to be innovative and experimental and simultaneously understand the necessity for stability and performance.
You’re a great fit if you...
- Are passionate about learning and understanding and trying new technologies
- Use continuous integration/delivery pipelines to increase code throughput
- Automate the creation of infrastructure using Infrastructure-as-Code
- Design and manage reliable SaaS platforms that are scalable and performant
- Analyze, monitor, and report on applications and systems for continuous improvement
- Understand application code with the ability to identify issues and improve performance
- Troubleshoot complex systems and analytically resolve problems efficiently
- Are comfortable working in a team where you both learn and mentor one another
- Are honest and willing to give feedback while also avoiding being contentious
- Support development teams (developers and QA) and help them be effective and efficient
- Work competently and efficiently either independently or cooperatively within a group
- Communicate and collaborate effectively across business teams and organizations
- Understand business requirements and help to create solutions that meet specifications
- Take ownership of projects and tasks making certain they are completed or resolved
- Are process-oriented and comfortable following an Agile software methodology
And have these qualifications...
- 5+ years of experience creating and maintaining highly available production systems
- Experience with monitoring, alerting, and reporting for production systems
- Experience with clustering technologies - high availability and horizontal scaling
- Familiar with Linux OS tuning, optimization and system requirements for vertical scaling
- Understanding of networking concepts and experience with HTTP protocol
- Create and manage a continuous build, integration, test, and deployment systems
- Worked with development teams and understands the software development lifecycle
- Worked with revision control systems and understands branching/merging concepts
- Worked with data and database systems - including backup and recovery
- Configure and use automation software to provision infrastructure
- Configure and use automation software to configure systems and applications
- Ability to read and understand application source code
- Researched and tested new technologies by building proof-of-concepts
- Willing to take part in on-call rotation for continuous downtime monitoring and alerting
- Not a remote position - relocation is available for non-local candidates that are hired
Benefits and Perks
- Competitive paid time off
- On site snacks
- Occasional company catered breakfast/lunch
- Onsite gym
- Medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. 100% of the premiums for individual coverage on both medical health plans are covered by the Company. For the dental and vision health plans, the Company pays a generous portion of the premiums. Life and disability insurances are fully paid by the Company.
- HSA company contribution
- 401K plan
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Access to all WeWork facilities, globally