WeWork is looking for a talented and well experienced Senior BI Developer (Senior Data Engineer) to create new data solutions and maintain existing solutions. As part of this position you will develop advanced data models and reporting solutions that will support our analysts and business units with validated and reliable data.
If you have vast experience with data coding, building and modeling a DWH and generating reports - come join our BI development team!
- Boost the BI analysts and business users by building smart data models, integrations and manipulation using the right tool for the job.
- Produce and apply data warehouse and business logic building methodologies.
- Own and provide BI development tools for internal use.
- Create new and optimize existing ETL processes.
- Provide BI analysts and other customers inside the company with technical support related to BI activity.
- Work closely with tech teams on design and implementation of big data solutions.
- Work with various team to define key metrics (KPIs) and provide the methodologies to accurately measure the firm’s performance.
- Work with stakeholders to understand business priorities and translate requirements to data models .
- Proactively identify gaps in data consumption and define processes to complete them.
- BA/B.Sc. in industrial/information systems engineering, computer science, statistics or equivalent
- Proven experience of 4+ years in data engineering roles.
- Proven experience of acting as senior developer working on business logic processes, data warehouse modeling, insight delivery and KPI strategy.
- Proven experience of more than 2 years with a programming language (python, java, scala, ruby, etc) - a must
- Very high level of SQL and data warehouse modeling - a must
- Experience with big data solutions like Redshift, Bigquery, Vertica, etc.
- At least 2 years experience in reporting platforms like Tableau/Sisense/QlikView/Looker
- Experience in tech industry
- Experience with 24/7 systems and real time analytics - an advantage
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- You are infinitely curious.
- You love to learn as well as mentor and teach others. You get satisfaction from seeing other people grow.
- Superior communication skills. You can tell a compelling story with data. You can easily talk shop with developers and strategy with the C-suite.
- You thrive in a dynamic startup environment. You live KISS and embody agile.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you handle partial information, missing data, and broad requirements pragmatically and gracefully.
WeWork is the community of creators. We provide the space, community and services for over tens of thousands of members to do what they love and create their life's work. WeWork’s mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living. Our own team members are central to this mission.
The WeWork team is a group of entrepreneurial, grateful individuals who deeply believe in what we are creating and in the power of “we”. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration.
WeWork transforms buildings into beautiful, collaborative work spaces and provides infrastructure, services, events and technology so our members can focus on doing what they love. Our team members value the WeWork concept and there is a contagious energy in our offices as we work towards accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces, empowering small businesses and connecting interesting people hasn't yet begun to be satisfied. We are just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly more exciting as team members join our mission!
Our values guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things; we challenge convention; and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. Be persistent and knock down walls – literally if you have to. You have our permission.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.