Manager, Data Engineering, Member Experience
The Member Experience mission at WeWork delivers experiences that create intelligent spaces & connected communities to make people happier and more productive at work. We build products to foster a sense of community in our digital and physical spaces, enable increased productivity for our members, and evolve the ways in which members connect within the community. A recent TechCrunch article highlights some of our work -
We're looking for a leader in our Data Engineering team to build the data architecture to democratize access to data and insights. You will drive initiatives to evolve our data infrastructure, build reliable data models, surface key company metrics, and develop tools that streamline data discovery and knowledge sharing. The perfect candidate will have strong data infrastructure and data architecture skills, a proven track record of leading and scaling BI teams, strong operational skills to drive efficiency and speed. They must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
- Drive the vision for BI and Data Warehousing.
- Build a high quality team and design the team to scale.
- Build cross-functional relationships with Data Scientists, Product Managers and Software Engineers to understand data needs and deliver on those needs.
- Drive the design, building, and launching of new data models and data pipelines in production.
- Drive data quality across all product areas.
- Manage the delivery of high impact dashboards and data visualizations.
- Define and manage SLAs for all data sets and processes running in production.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience hiring and managing teams of data engineers.
- 5+ years of experience as a BI Engineer or Data Engineer.
- Communication and leadership experience, with experience initiating and driving projects.
- Data architecture experience.
- Experience with the following tools
- Big data tools: Hadoop, Spark, Kafka, etc.
- Relational SQL and NoSQL databases.
- Data pipeline and workflow management tools: Airflow, Luigi, etc.
- Stream-processing systems: Spark-Streaming, Flink, Storm, etc.
- Object-oriented/object function scripting languages: Python, Java, Scala, etc.
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or other quantitative field.
- Experience building on the AWS Cloud, including EC2, S3, and EMR.
- Experience with Anomaly Detection systems.
- Advanced degree in Computer Science, Engineering, Statistics or other quantitative field.
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical and digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members and employees. We build software and hardware that enables our members to connect with each other and the space around them like never before.
We augment our community and culture teams through the tools we build. We believe there is a macro shift toward a new way of working, one focused on a movement towards meaning and purpose. WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement.
We are a team of passionate, fearless and collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.