About the Role
WeWork is hiring a top-tier Android engineer to work on the WeWork Android mobile app that connects our members both socially and professionally. For a passionate and motivated engineer, this is an exciting opportunity to join a new team establishing best practices and standards. We are overhauling the current member experience to better connect our members with our spaces (think Internet of things) and each other to help them connect, grow, and ultimately be more successful. This is a senior position focused on technical leadership as WeWork continues to scale and mature as a software engineering organization.
- You'll contribute to the development of our Android apps with the goal of making our members more successful.
- You can implement native user interfaces using the latest Android programming techniques.
- Use knowledge of Android development to help guide design and engineering decisions.
- You'll work with product managers, designers and full-stack engineers to help shape the vision of our mobile and desktop products.
- Take on important engineering, scaling and performance issues.
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- You'll work on bug fixing and improving application performance.
- 5+ years of proven work experience in Android app development.
- Deep understanding of the full mobile development life cycle.
- Experience working with remote data via REST and JSON
- Working knowledge of the general mobile landscape, architectures, trends, and emerging technologies.
- Understanding of Android platform communication primitives and their security properties (i.e. services, content providers, broadcast receivers, binders)
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of “space as a service”. From identifying and designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, and enhance the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout and form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 200+ buildings in 20+ countries and will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.