WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The Building Technology team’s mission is to Empower WeWork and its Members with world-class technology infrastructure, support and services. We are building best in class systems to deliver technology infrastructure and IT services to our Members in an automated, elastic, and easy-to-consume way. The technology we build and manage has allowed WeWork to scale to 300+ buildings in 20+ countries and continues to be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow. Ultimately our goal is to make technology as frictionless as possible for our Members so that they can focus on creating their life’s work.
Our Infrastructure Systems Engineers are part software engineers and part systems engineers. We build and run global, distributed, fault-tolerant systems. We ensure that our services have the performance, reliability, and security appropriate to our Members’ needs. Our software development is focused on creating engineering solutions to operations problems, optimizing existing systems, building infrastructure, and eliminating work through automation.
You are highly autonomous, possesses effective written and verbal communication skills, strong sense of ownership, adapts quickly to new technologies, and have high career growth potential. The desire and ability to work in a fast paced, collaborative environment is essential.
- Develop, deploy, and support a globally distributed, hybrid infrastructure platform responsible for critical services at the core of every WeWork Member’s experience
- Work closely with teams across WeWork to optimize and plan the delivery of hardware and software services, forecast capacity needs, and redesign systems as appropriate
- Build tools and workflows to automate operational tasks and eliminate manual work
- Monitor physical servers, virtual instances, and services to meet SLAs
- Practice sustainable incident response and blameless postmortems
- Participate in regular on-call at a Tier 3 level
- BS in Computer Science/related technical field or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years working in Site Reliability Engineering, Production Engineering, DevOps, Systems Engineering, or as a Networking/Automation SWE
- Comfortable writing production code in at least one modern language (Python, Go, js, Ruby, etc)
- Comfortable working in Linux and shell environments
- Intermediate experience building and debugging physical networking equipment and protocols
- Intermediate experience with at least one cloud platform like AWS, GCP, or Azure
- Experience packaging and running Dockerized applications
- Experience with configuration management systems like Chef, Ansible, and Puppet
- Experience administering and automating monitoring systems like Prometheus, Grafana, DataDog, New Relic, and Splunk
- Experience operating DHCP and DNS services
- Obsessive about producing and maintaining useful internal documentation
- Experience with Terraform and/or CloudFormation
- Experience with VMware ESXi and/or vSphere
- Experience running and automating Windows Server in production environments
- Experience operating container orchestration systems like Kubernetes, Nomad, Docker Compose, and Mesos
- Experience automating and integrating with CI/CD toolchains like Jenkins, Travis, and CircleCI
- Strong experience with AWS, especially complicated EC2, VPC, DX, IAM, Kinesis, and S3 configurations
- Strong experience with Linux internals, including performance optimization
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.