Senior Product Designer - UI/UX
We are looking for a passionate designer who has demonstrated the use of human centered design principles to create and ship new, innovative digital product experiences. We believe that great design has the ability to engage and inspire our members and we strive to rethink and redefine how our WeWork members interact with other members, our physical spaces and the broader community team. Our designers are strategic thinkers and conceptual problem solvers who create new products, services and experiences. You’ll work closely with product and technology partners during the discover and define phases to gather and translate data, research and insights into useable and engaging applications though ideation sessions, design sprints and creative collaboration.
Please submit portfolio and resume together for your application
- Quickly iterating on multiple design solutions across the internal and external WeWork initiatives.
- Work along various business leaders to consistently deliver amazing results.
- Ensure team is current on standard methodologies as well as maintaining solid knowledge of usability principles and techniques.
- Work as the squad design lead in Agile/ Scrum Processes.
- Collaborate across a wide variety of functions.
- Turn insights from data analytics into tangible design concepts.
- Take on complex problems with brilliant design centric ideas.
- 4+ years of design experience.
- Evidence of pushing above par work into various markets.
- BA/BS degree in Design, Organizational Design, or related field, or equivalent practical experience.
- You've worked on both client facing and internal projects- ideally across many business functions.
- Up to date with current design trends across various industries and can tie to various business lines.
- Evidence of having launched and/or propose design solutions to business problems that have influenced the direction and outcome.
- Understanding of the technical development process, or ability to code.
- Fluent in the both English and Chinese language, verbal and written.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, both verbal and written.
- Thrive in a demanding work environment that requires independent self-direction with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
- Demonstrate initiative, self-confidence, energy, and an eagerness to learn.
- Present ideas, expectations, and information in a concise and well-organized way.
- Ability to think creatively and challenge preconceived notions around UI/UX.
- Demonstrates passion and excitement for the opportunity to take on some of the industry’s biggest user problems that exist beyond the pixels on a screen
- Have a deep understanding of the China ecosystem.
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of “space as a service”. From identifying and designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, and enhance the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout and form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 200+ buildings in 20+ countries and will be our competitive advantage as the company continues to grow.