WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members across the globe space, community, and services that enable them to do what they love and craft their life's work. Our mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
We are building software for physical space that uses data and technology at each point in the building process, such that it can make better sourcing decisions, improve its designs, build faster and smarter, and ultimately improve the lives of the people working within its buildings. Our state of the art technologies and dedication to technological innovation are key reasons why WeWork has been able to scale from operating one workspace location to more than 250 in just over eight years.
The mission of Core Platform is to provide a unified underlying platform on top of which all member products and services will run. We are building a backbone for all technical applications at WeWork.
DeviceKit’s goal is to build the connective tissue needed to deliver experiences at the intersection of people, space, and technology by designing, developing, and integrating hardware and infrastructure. As Software Engineer on the Device Bridge team you will build core services to manage the full lifecycle of devices, as well as services and integrations to actuate devices and a set of APIs for other teams to control the physical space.
- Build, manage, and scale WeWork’s Core Device Systems for full device lifecycle management
- Deliver high-quality code, in accordance with standard methodologies
- Integrate infrastructure with other Core Platform services to offer a cohesive product
- 4+ yrs of industry software engineering experience
- Experience building and operating large-scale distributed containerized systems (preferably Docker and Kubernetes)
- Experience developing and managing versioned APIs
Nice to have
- Exposure to serverless application technologies, microservices
- Experience with cloud computing services, e.g. AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure
- Device instrumentation / IoT experience
- Exposure to hardware development
- Real-time computing systems
- Embedded linux development
- On-premises infrastructure and deployments
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.