About the Role
WeWork is hiring a senior front end engineer to work on applications that connect our members both socially and professionally. For a passionate and motivated engineer, this is an exciting opportunity to work on a new team establishing best practices and standards. We are overhauling the current member experience to better connect our members with our spaces (think Internet of things) and each other to help them connect, grow and ultimately be more successful. This is a senior position focused on technical leadership as WeWork continues to scale and mature as a software engineering organization.
About the Mission
The Member Experience mission is responsible for delivering technology that creates intelligent environments and connected, consciously-engineered communities for every space in the world. Our team is interested in increasing lifetime value, satisfaction productivity, and building engaging community models in smart environments. Our tools give our members superpowers to connect with the people and things which will make them happy and successful. We are able to do this primarily through the WeWork App (Android, iOS, web) and its core services.
- Debate, design & ship new features in an innovative, iterative and experiment-driven mindset.
- Take a leadership role in scaling & upleveling front end development across the organization.
- 5+ years of professional experience in software development.
- B.A./B.S. in Computer Science or extensive and relevant hands-on experience in software engineering.
- Extensive experience developing in a shared codebase with a large team of mobile engineers.
- Track record of refactoring, architecting and developing large web applications with automated tests.
- 7+ years of professional experience in software development.
- Deep expertise in React/Redux.
- Strong experience with mentoring front end engineers.
- Strong understanding of backend APIs (REST, JSON, GraphQL).
- Experience and passion for developing on other platforms (backend, mobile, etc).
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical and digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members and employees. We build software and hardware that enables our members to connect with each other and the space around them like never before.
We augment our community and culture teams through the tools we build. We believe there’s a macro shift toward a new way of working—one focused on a movement towards meaning and purpose. WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement.
We are a team of passionate, fearless and collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.