About the Role
About the Mission
The mission of Real Estate & Development (“RedTech”) is to enable our teams across real estate, architecture, design, construction, and project management with the most up to date technology. Our technology allows for a better ability to source new deals, close those deals, design and build more efficiently, and manage the construction process end to end. We're supporting the core business here in RedTech and would love to have you on the team!
Are you someone with a strong creative streak? Do you enjoy fast paced exciting environments? Are you looking to contribute to making a real impact across many different communities and cultures around the world with the work that you're doing? If so, then we may have the opportunity for you.
- Act as a systems designer, leading designs of major software components, systems, and features owned by the team.
- Represent a squad and be a go-to person for a large area of technical expertise.
- Set and drive OKRs, and drive sprints for a squad given strategic or functional direction.
- Utilize design, coding patterns, tools and frameworks and methods to facilitate in effectively meeting the team sprint objectives and the overall quarterly team objectives.
- Drive feature development end-to-end and deliver large projects at quarterly level.
- Drive POC activities, initiation of new frameworks or services while taking hands-on role in execution.
- Active partner with product, design, and peer engineering leads and managers.
- Regularly give actionable feedback to team members, peers, and mentees.
- Have indirect influence beyond functional boundaries, such as with product on technical feasibility and roadmap, or with test engineering on tooling and execution needs.
- Align co-related systems across squads on common API patterns, practices, or other instrumentation.
- Motivate engineers on the squad to join or focus on set of initiatives.
- Bachelor degree in Computer Science (or relevant experience, master degree preferred).
- Experience in demonstrating architecture skills at a multi-system level.
- Experience writing scalable, high-performant, instrumented and clean code.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
Nice to Have
- Demonstrated experience developing web services using Java (Kotlin, Spring MVC, Spring Boot is a plus).
- Demonstrated experience with relational databases such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- Deep understanding of Amazon Web Services including ECS, CloudFormation, IAM, RDS, etc.
- Experience designing and developing platform level, reusable components, including event architectures, messaging, and caching (JMS, ActiveMQ, Kinesis, Apache Kafka, etc).
- Experience working on teams with heavy emphasis on DevOps, Automation, CI/CD, and Quality (Jenkins, Docker, Artifactory, etc).
WeWork Technology is bridging the gap between physical and digital platforms, providing a delightful, flawless & powerful experience for members and employees. We build software and hardware that enables our members to connect with each other and the space around them like never before.
We augment our community and culture teams through the tools we build. We believe there’s a macro shift toward a new way of working—one focused on a movement towards meaning and purpose.
WeWork Technology is proud to be shaping this movement.
We are a team of passionate, fearless and collaborative problem-solvers distributed globally with one goal in mind - to humanize technology across the world.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.