About the role:
WeWork TLV is looking for experienced and passionate software engineers that thrive in small, focused and highly collaborative teams. You will be working closely with the Product, Design, Data and Engineering teams to not only develop, but also help define and execute on projects. Strong communication skills and a desire to be involved in all aspects of the project life-cycle are a must. Problem-solving skills, thinking outside the box and dealing with ambiguity are skills that we value.
Our technology stack is primarily Ruby on Rails, React and Postgres but we are not dogmatic about it.
- You try to future-proof everything you create by minimizing built-in assumptions, and writing tests where appropriate
- You write DRY code
- You advocate the use of MVC, templating, ORMs, and other techniques to save time and headaches
- You know when to apply duct tape and when to rebuild
- Work closely with the product manager and product designer to review requirements & designs and break down work
- Build scalable, performant, reusable & testable components
- Research new technology, build prototypes and write clean, maintainable code
- Support and solve issues (process & system), identify the root cause, and actively implement balanced corrective actions
- Work with team to influence technology direction
- You have great communication skills
- You want to work in a small, agile team
- You mentor other developers when needed
- You work hard and don’t need much oversight
- You like variety in your projects
- You want to be proud of what you do at your job
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing hundreds of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
WeWork is creating a layer of technology to power our vision of “space as a service”. From identifying and designing a new location, to bringing that space to market in an elastic, easy-to-consume way, to seamlessly operating these spaces to delight our members, we are building state-of-the-art systems to automate, optimize, and improve the experience. The data we are collecting is being used to dynamically optimize utilization, pricing, even layout and form factor. This technology advantage has allowed WeWork to scale to 200+ buildings in 20+ countries and will be our rare advantage as the company continues to grow.
We are proud to foster a workplace free from discrimination. We truly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and a better product for our users.