WeWork is the community of creators. We provide the space, community and services our members need to create their life's work. WeWork’s mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living.
We’re a group of entrepreneurial, grateful individuals who instill the idea of working better together in everything that we do. Our success is the result of our collaboration: talented and outstanding team members who always challenge convention. We have over 50,000 members in our community that spans cities around the world.
We transform buildings into beautiful, collaborative work spaces and provide infrastructure, services, events and technology so our members can focus on doing what they love. Our members thrive in communities online. Our ability to aggregate their needs enables us to offer them a variety of support services at a value that would otherwise be unavailable to them. We always go the extra mile to help them in their effort to build sustainable businesses and successful lives.
Our hunger for building great spaces, empowering small businesses and connecting interesting people hasn't yet begun to be satisfied. We are just getting started.
Our values guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things; we challenge convention; and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. Be persistent and knock down walls – literally if you have to. You have our permission.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We have empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.
About the Role:
It’s an incredible time to be a part of WeWork. We’re all passionate, energetic and hungry to give our members every advantage and to contribute to their success. We are rapidly expanding our product line to meet member needs and you will work with all stakeholders to understand our members, their existing pain points, and will provide world class interfaces that solve those pain points. You will conduct and document usability evaluations and will recommend product solutions based on real-world user feedback.
The person in this role is expected to collaborate deeply with other designers and developers to design compelling wireframes, prototypes, interaction design (using motion), and will be expected to help on visual design and final production design.
The person in this role will take an active and sometimes a leading role in brainstorming/ideation sessions and daily design critiques. In these sessions, you will be expected to advocate for our members and to provide guidance on best-in-class user experience principles for our web and mobile products.
We thrive in our work-hard, play-hard culture. We get serious things done. Then we have fun, and lots of it. If this describes where you want to work, you’ll fit right into our team.
- Design user interfaces for web, iOS and Android.
- Design wireframes, prototypes and interaction studies (preferably using motion).
- Design, conduct and document usability evaluations using a variety of techniques including prototypes and existing interfaces.
- Make decisions on a variety of matters consistent with goals and objectives of group.
- Manage personal duties and areas of responsibility on a day-to-day basis with periodic assistance and direction from others.
- Is able to function independently with minimal oversight and direction.
- Assignments range from focused to broad in nature and scope.
- May play significant role in marketing, customer outreach, correspondence, training, and culture building activities.
- Fluency in best practices for mobile and web-based design, as well as strong knowledge of information architecture.
- Mastery of the tools you use to create your designs. We use Sketch and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Attention to details and visual form.
- Advanced knowledge of rapid prototyping tools, such as InVision.
- Working knowledge of Interactive or motion design.
- Understanding of the technical development process, or ability to code, a plus
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written are a MUST.
- Thrive in a fast paced work environment that requires independent self-direction with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication.
Demonstrate initiative, self-confidence, energy, and an eagerness to learn.
- Present ideas, expectations and information in a concise and well-organized way.
- Ability to think outside the box and challenge preconceived notions around UI/UX.
- Demonstrates passion and excitement for the opportunity to solve some of the industry’s biggest user problems that exist beyond the pixels on a screen.