About the Role
The Senior Financial Systems Analyst is responsible for managing and configuring the Workday Financial systems. This hands-on technical role demands excellent knowledge of finance business processes and methodologies along with a strong analytical and data modeling background. The candidate will have direct hands on experience in Workday Financials process design, configuration and implementation.
They partner with diverse business stakeholders to lead numerous projects to increase business efficiency and automate business processes in Workday. They have excellent collaboration, problem solving and advanced technical skills. They provide technical guidance, are hands on, and respond to end user requests for new features, problem investigation, security configuration and complex reports.
- Manage the end-to-end functional support for Workday Financials for Finance, Accounting, Treasury, Procurement, Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable departments.
- Work closely with the business teams to understand functional requirements and execute them through successful implementation, testing and deployment with required documentation
- Configure and administrate data security and comply with policies and procedures (working closely with Security lead)
- Assist in resolving User “How To” questions and create relevant job aids/training/communications aids/learning/communications
- Troubleshoot problems, test, and work with business to resolve issues.
- Translate business needs into requirement specifications to outside vendors
- Leverage business knowledge and expertise to identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Provide guidance and training to business teams on the future capabilities of the Workday and adoption blueprint.
- Coordinate feature/function cases with Workday and perform Workday Release tasks (2x per year)
- Design and develop custom reports as required for business users and senior executive management
- Partner with Corporate Technology to streamline system integrations and enhance existing business processes
- Log, route and maintain tickets in ticket tracking system
- Act with speed, while balancing quality and compliance
Experience/ Skill Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Accounting or related field required
- 3 to 5 years hands-on financial systems analyst experience required.
- 1 year of Workday Financial systems experience required
- End to end implementation experience including project management, issue management, communication and change management. Experience with JIRA a plus.
- Day-to-day production support of live Workday environment a plus
- Excellent knowledge of Financial / Accounting principles and best practice
- Excellent interpersonal, collaboration, and problem-solving skills
- Must be a skilled communicator, with well-developed verbal, written and presentation ability.
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.