Position Goals & Objectives
The Infrastructure Engineer is part of a highly visible, IT team delivering complex enterprise solutions to a global organization. The ability to think strategically, visualize system relationships and drive multiple IT projects to successful completion is paramount to this position. The Infrastructure Engineer is required to perform the system analysis and design to install complex systems with minimal disruption to existing services. The Infrastructure Engineer is also expected to be able to perform many operational and project duties required for enterprise-level IT operations. This position is responsible for the monitoring, maintenance, and repair of all IT Systems in collaboration with other IT team members. The Infrastructure Engineer is expected to, on a rotating schedule, be “On-Call”, during which the employee is responsible for responding to IT issues supporting critical business functions. The ideal candidate:
- Enjoys disrupting traditional methods to gain efficiencies, enhance stability, and improve recoverability.
- Dislikes manual deployments and fosters a culture of automation
- Embraces change and emergent technologies, business-as-usual is never good enough
- Recognizes and exposes technological debt and gaps
- Is driven to eliminate pain points without proprietary vendor solutions
Job Description & Responsibilities
- Manage and monitor all installed IT systems and infrastructure
- Install, configure, test and maintain IT systems, software and system management tools
- Proactively ensure the highest levels of systems and infrastructure availability
- Monitor and test application performance for potential bottlenecks, identify possible solutions, and work with developers to implement those fixes
- Maintain security, backup, and redundancy strategies
- Write and maintain custom scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks
- Participate in the design of information and operational support systems
- Liaise with vendors and IT personnel for problem resolution. Provide 2nd & 3rd level support
- Recommend, review and implement new technology solutions.
- Be able to design, implement, and troubleshoot Enterprise class solutions
- Maintain minimum security baseline requirements for all IT systems
- Advanced programming system automation through scripting
- Be able to generate technical requirements for new services and/or for problem resolution
- Create and maintain IT documentation. Perform daily IT tasks as assigned
- Respond to server, storage and IT systems outages. Communicating these outages to management and seek assistance to resolve the problems in a timely manner.
- Provides technical leadership & guidance to corporate service technicians (i.e., service desk)
Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of prior advanced infrastructure engineering & administration experience is required
- Proven experience in overseeing the design, development, and implementation of software systems, applications, and related products.
- Proven experience with systems planning, security principles, and general software management best practices.
- Able to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation with the ability to work in a team-oriented environment
- Expert knowledge in global Active Directory and Google Administration is required
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Windows and Mac Desktop Operating Systems
- Windows Server and UNIX/Linux design, admin, installation, operations and support required
- Experience with virtualization and containerization (e.g., VMware, Virtual Box)
- Experience with Cloud platforms (i.e., AWS) and enterprise storage solutions (preferably EMC)
- Familiarity with the principles and practice of configuration management and change control
- Ability to design, implement and maintain automation and monitoring processes
- Experience with automation software (e.g., Puppet, cfengine, Chef) is a plus
- Demonstrated proficiency in at least one administrative scripting language (e.g., Python, VBScript, Windows PowerShell)
- Experience with on-premise to Cloud IaaS migrations/transformations and technologies (OneLogin, Centrify, etc.)
- Knowledge of network engineering is preferred
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- Centralized asset, configuration, and package management tools (SCCM, etc)
- Log management and data visualization tools to mature reporting and analytics capabilities
- Disaster recovery
Department Goals & Objectives
- Responsible for successful Corporate Technology Service delivery to WeWork internal team members globally
- Services includes but not limited to Infrastructure, Project Management, Applications, Information Security as well as Technology Governance & Compliance
- Manages the administrative, logistical and technology support for day-to-day corporate technology functions
- Ultimate accountability for bottom line while maximizing return on investment
- Plan and deliver integrated information services to enable Internal WeWork team members access the information they need, when and where they need it
- Meet or exceed internal team member’s requirements for technology service delivery
- Leverage existing, emerging, and innovative technologies to enhance, improve, and streamline IT processes
- Ensure the privacy, integrity, reliability and appropriate use of information resources for all WeWork corporate services locations
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- Credibility is earned at WeWork through execution and getting things done.
- You are able to get into the details and deliver results under highest expectations on time and quality.
- Be ready to get hands-on with all aspects of the daily needs. The buck stops with you.
- Pragmatism and outcomes orientation are valued and lead to wins.
- Exceptional organizational and multitasking skills.
- You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- You have the flexibility to think outside the box.
- We don't do everything the traditional way, and are always looking to innovate and push the envelope.
- You have the ability to foresee and identify needs of the team.
- You take an innovator and creator’s approach to any issues that may arise.
- There is no room for “I” at WeWork. Every role and individual is in the organization to serve We.
- Builds trust across the organization by being a good listener and inclusively soliciting input.
- You are open to new and innovative solutions.
- You must present well and communicate clearly and effectively to upper management and internal departments.
- You’re willing to adjust course when appropriate new ideas or objections are raised.
- You love working with people!
WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement!
Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things, we challenge convention, and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. We’re persistent and knock down walls—literally if we have to.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.