WeWork is the platform for creators, providing more than tens of thousands of members around the world with space, community and services that enable them to do what they love and create their life's work. Our mission is to create a world where people work to make a life, not just a living, and our own team members are central to that goal.
The WeWork team believes deeply in the power of “we” and in the movement we’re a part of. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration. There is a contagious energy in our spaces as we work together toward accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces; empowering startups, freelancers, and small businesses; and connecting interesting people is far from being satisfied. We’re just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly exciting as more team members join the movement! Below are the values that guide who we are and everything that we do.
About the Role
We are looking for experienced and passionate software engineers that thrive in small, focused and highly collaborative teams. You will be working closely with the Product, Design and engineering teams to not only develop, but also help define and execute on projects. Strong communication skills and a desire to be involved in all aspects of the project life-cycle are a must. Strong problem solving skills, thinking outside the box and dealing with ambiguity are skills that we value. Our technology stack is primarily Ruby/Rail, Angular, React, iOS, Android, PHP/Laravel but we are not dogmatic about it.
- You are fluent in one or more backend languages (Ruby, Python, PHP, etc), with experience in Ruby or PHP a plus, and stay up-to-date on best practices.
- You try to future-proof everything you create by minimizing built-in assumptions, and writing tests where appropriate
- You write DRY code
- You advocate the use of MVC, templating, ORMs, and other techniques to save time and headaches
- You know when to apply duct tape and when to rebuild
- You want to work in a small, agile team
- You mentor other developers when needed
- You work hard and don’t need much oversight
- You like variety in your projects
- You want to be proud of what you do at your job