Sr Analyst, Business Intelligence
Business Unit: Data & Analytics
The centralized WeWork data & analytics organization drives efficient decision-making and optimization via data-driven insights and recommendations. We are a closely-knit group composed of four subteams:
- Data engineering: provide the analytics infrastructure for the whole of WeWork.
- Business Intelligence: develop reports, dashboards, and metrics to provide accurate and timely information.
- Insights: supports various product and business groups with recommendation and in-depth analyses.
- Data Science: deploys impactful data products based on advanced analytics and machine learning.
We are seeking a top-notch analyst for the BI team to help drive reporting across sales, marketing, products, services, and community teams. The ideal candidate is highly analytical and is passionate about visualizing data in compelling and actionable ways.
- Work with stakeholders across the company to define and monitor key metrics (Sales and Marketing, Community, Services, etc).
- Drive training on metrics and self-service data platforms to enable a stronger data culture.
- Partner with other business groups to build advanced reports and dashboards .
- Design, build, and optimize analysis-friendly tables in our data warehouse.
- Design and implement data models in our BI tool.
- Help implement and maintain a comprehensive data dictionary.
- Provide ad hoc reporting support.
Three to five years functional experience required, preferably in a technical role. We are after individuals who are highly motivated, intelligent, and have a great track record. In addition to strong analytical and quantitative skills, the successful candidate should have:
- Exceptional SQL skills. Your queries don’t just “work,” they are optimized for readability and efficiency.
- Strong skills in data extraction, munging, analysis, statistics, and visualization (e.g. SQL, Python, and R).
- Passion for data visualization. You can tell a compelling story with data.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to collaborate with data and software engineers as well as non-technical business users.
- Expertise in one or more BI and data visualization tools (Chartio, Tableau, Looker, Microstrategy etc)
- Strong drive to learn new systems and data models quickly.
- Ability to work well in a lean team environment, often under pressure.
- Strong work ethic, intellectual curiosity, good judgment, mature and positive attitude.
- Be extremely curious.
- Love what you do!
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, national origin or any other category protected by law.
Critical Competencies for Success
- You do what you love!
- You are infinitely curious.
- You love to learn as well as mentor and teach others. You get satisfaction from seeing other people grow.
- Superior communication skills. You can tell a compelling story with data. You can easily talk shop with developers and strategy with the C-suite.
- You thrive in a dynamic startup environment. You live KISS and embody agile.
- Comfortable with ambiguity; you handle partial information, missing data, and broad requirements pragmatically and gracefully.
WeWork is the community of creators. We provide the space, community and services for over tens of thousands of members to do what they love and create their life's work. WeWork’s mission is to build a world where people work to make a life, not just a living. Our own team members are central to this mission.
The WeWork team is a group of entrepreneurial, grateful individuals who deeply believe in what we are creating and in the power of “we”. We challenge convention and achieve amazing things through dedication and collaboration.
WeWork transforms buildings into beautiful, collaborative work spaces and provides infrastructure, services, events and technology so our members can focus on doing what they love. Our team members value the WeWork concept and there is a contagious energy in our offices as we work towards accomplishing our goals.
Our hunger for building great spaces, empowering small businesses and connecting interesting people hasn't yet begun to be satisfied. We are just getting started, and our journey gets increasingly more exciting as team members join our mission!
Our values guide who we are and everything that we do.
We do what we love and are connected to something greater than ourselves.
We are creators, leaders and self-starters. We try new things; we challenge convention; and we’re not afraid to fail.
We are genuine to our brand, mission and values. We’re not perfect and we don’t pretend to be. We are, though, always honest and as transparent as we can be.
We never settle. We get sh*t done and we get it done well. Be persistent and knock down walls – literally if you have to. You have our permission.
We are grateful for each other, our members, and to be part of this movement. We don’t take success for granted. We’re happy to be alive.
We are in this together. This is a team effort. We always look out for one another. We value empathy; we know we’re all human, and know we can’t do any of this alone.