Westbrook is a mission driven company formed to empower artists to tell stories that connect the world. At Westbrook Inc., we provide strategic, financial, legal, and other back-end support to our existing subsidiary companies (Westbrook Studios, Westbrook Media, Good Goods, Red Table Talk Productions, Inc., and Westbrook International), develop new business opportunities, and share our learnings, skills, and tools with new talent creating art and media across all major platforms. With Westbrook’s reach, expertise, and resources, we are poised to be a leader in the global, multiplatform content marketplace.
Westbrook Inc is searching for an Executive Assistant who can prioritize the day-to-day operations for two of our top executives, including the President of Westbrook Inc and the SVP, Growth. The ideal candidate has exemplary planning and time management skills and can organize and manage calendars, keeping scheduling operations running smoothly and efficiently. Poise, articulate and professional communications are required. It’s an excellent opportunity for someone who is interested in learning various areas of the entertainment industry including development, sales and distribution, business affairs, strategy, marketing, and social impact.
Please note that while we are currently working remotely, we plan to commence a hybrid work schedule in the coming months. As such, candidates will need to be able and willing to work in-person at our Calabasas, CA headquarters (number of days in the office is TBD at this point in time).
What You’ll Do:
- Proactively manage/coordinate daily schedule/calendar, contacts, travel arrangements, meetings (internal and external), conferences, and seminars;
- Arrange and schedule numerous meetings; maintain and update calendar; determine importance of meeting requests and schedule accordingly; demonstrate flexibility, patience and persistence in routinely rescheduling meetings;
- Arrange travel and all accommodations including comprehensive and detailed itineraries;
- Process reimbursement and expense reports in accordance with established policy guidelines; track expenses and follow-up in a timely manner;
- Provide a bridge for smooth communication; demonstrate leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff and their immediate team;
- Responsible for excellence in complex meeting/event preparation, set-up, and follow-up including preparing presentations/agendas/materials, documenting notes, and coordinating follow-up items to completion, arranging for food/drink;
- Create and edit presentations, agendas, spreadsheets, communications, databases, and reports as needed/requested;
- Prioritize and track deliverables, manage project timelines, deadlines and requests;
- Participate in meetings, take notes and disseminate information to relevant stakeholders, including weekly email updates;
- Manage special projects as designated and assist other department members as necessary;
- Provide backup assistance for other EA’s at the company.
Who You Are:
- Previous experience maintaining executive’s phone, calendar, work and travel schedules using Microsoft Outlook and GSuite;
- Strong interpersonal skills, including a professional phone manner and in-person presence;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office programs including Outlook, Word, and Excel with advanced knowledge of PowerPoint;
- Proficient with GSuite (e.g., docs, sheets, drive, calendar etc.);
- Ability to work with and maintain confidential information;
- Ability to understand priorities and adjust meetings and content appropriately;
- Experience working at an agency is a plus
- Desired Characteristics:
- A self-starter who is organized with strong decision-making capability, ability to follow through without supervision and strong emotional maturity.
- Adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer service and response.
- Superior organizational and administrative skills with the ability to multitask and prioritize work.
- Forward looking thinker, who actively seeks opportunities and proposes solutions.
- Must have professional polish and ability to interface with high level executives.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
The Successful Candidate Is:
- An entrepreneur. You get excited about building processes and procedures from the ground up; and you don’t need a ton of aid to get the job done.
- A leader. You know how to inspire and motivate under your guidance, while also empowering learning and development.
- A problem solver. You know how to skillfully engage in an analytical process to achieve the best possible solution; you’re not easily frustrated by obstacles - in fact, they energize you.
- Direct and concise. You communicate effectively and with a situation-appropriate tone, whether over the phone, in person, e-mail, memos, presentations.
- Kind. You treat others with respect regardless of circumstances; you are skilled at connecting with people and building interpersonal relationships.
- Passionate. You are a creative spirit and storyteller excited by this business and how to expand it.
Westbrook is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Westbrook believes that diversity and inclusion among our colleagues is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.