Westbrook is a mission driven company formed to empower artists to tell stories that connect the world. At Westbrook Inc., we provide strategic, financial, legal, and other back-end support to our existing subsidiary companies (Westbrook Studios, Westbrook Media, Good Goods, Red Table Talk Productions, Inc., and Westbrook International), develop new business opportunities, and share our learnings, skills, and tools with new talent creating art and media across all major platforms. With Westbrook’s reach, expertise, and resources, we are poised to be a leader in the global, multiplatform content marketplace.
Westbrook Media, our digital content studio, is hiring an experienced creative to bring copy writing expertise to brand-led marketing campaigns. This person is a creative-minded writer who is passionate about digital media and marketing. The ideal candidate is comfortable being involved with every part of the creative process and has a mastery of utilizing language for storytelling. This position reports to the VP, Creative at Westbrook Media.
This person must have an understanding of the digital content and the entertainment space with experience crafting innovative and culturally relevant campaigns on social and digital platforms. The ideal candidate understands how to communicate clearly across a marketing organization -- including filmmakers, studio executives and with all levels of colleagues. Most importantly, this person must have a genuine passion for culture and an innate understanding of storytelling. A successful individual in this role will have the ability to make a high impact with a low ego that prioritizes teamwork and collaboration.
In this Role, You will:
- Work directly with the creative director to craft compelling pitches, scripts, and social copy.
- Collaborate effectively with both brand strategy, digital marketing and original content teams to develop creative brainstorms into fully fleshed out concepts.
- Communicate and collaborate across the Westbrook organization
- Bring informed storytelling to every project adapting tone and voice based on client brief
- Share best practices and innovative creative solutions from the competitive landscape with a continuous pulse on current trends and noteworthy activities
- Execute all creative copy and safeguard final execution upholding quality for every deliverable
- Execute multi-channel copywriting including scripts that meet client objectives and consumer touch points
- Consolidate and incorporate feedback from internal stakeholders
- Work on tight deadlines across multiple teams to deliver work that exceeds expectations
- 3+ years copywriting experience
- 3+ years creative or advertising agency experience (preferred)
- Writing samples showcasing scripts for digital platforms
- Passion for digital marketing and thorough knowledge of the entertainment industry
- Strong written and communication skills at all levels
Who You Are:
- Well versed in the five Cs: Curious, Creative, Collaborative, Connected to Culture and Consistent
- A storyteller.
- An entrepreneur; you are energized by building a department & company from the ground up.
- A natural leader; you know how to inspire and motivate under your guidance, while also empowering learning and development.
- A problem solver; you know how to skillfully engage in an analytical process to achieve the best possible solution; you're not easily frustrated by obstacles, rather they energize you.
- Direct and concise; you communicate effectively and with a situation-appropriate tone, whether over the phone, zoom, in person, e-mail, memos, or presentations.
- Kind; you treat others with respect regardless of the circumstances; you are skilled at connecting with people and building interpersonal relationships.
Westbrook is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Westbrook believes that diversity and inclusion among our colleagues is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.