Westbrook was formed to execute the Smith Family’s vision to improve as many lives as possible through storytelling. Our parent company, Westbrook Inc., furthers that mission by providing strategic, financial, legal, and operational support to our studio and media companies and developing new business opportunities for revenue growth and diversification. Our subsidiary companies make best in class content across formats (e.g., short form, unscripted and scripted television, film, and audio) and produce unique consumer goods and experiences that scale our original IP and delight and inspire audiences.
The Post Production Coordinator will touch all facets of Post Production, supporting Post Supervisors, AE’s, Editors and the rest of the Post Staff, helping shepherd projects from production through delivery and wrap.
This position acts as a catalyst for a culture of strong communication throughout the Post Team and ensures the smooth transition of projects from the Production Team to Assistant Editors, Editors, QC and the Online team.
The Post Production Coordinator will play a large role in helping develop the processes and workflow for each individual show.
This is a full-time, temp role that will start ASAP.
In this Role, you will:
- Assist Post Supervisors in developing and executing Post workflows for each particular project and clearly communicate these processes to the team.
- Oversee the onboarding of new temp workers to the project, working with our department Coordinator to ensure individual access is set up to Frame.io, Asana, Adobe, system rentals and all other software/hardware as necessary.
- Liaise with Production and Post teams before and during shoots to ensure a successful handoff of media to Post.
- Organize and maintain necessary Post Production documents and trackers and ensure that they are properly archived upon wrap.
- Assist in the execution of final deliverables per each shows requirements
- Develop relationships and encourage a community among the other Post Production Coordinators, staying in sync on processes and solutions as needed.
- Manage and track Post Production schedules, communicating approaching deadlines to the team as required.
- Oversee the creation and distribution of Meeting Recaps to the Post team as well as Post Reports to the extended team.
- Help promote a culture of clear and effective communication within post, encouraging any issues to be flagged early as to help us find solutions together and manage the expectations of others outside of the department.
- Have an ambitious eye towards self-growth and the many ways we can improve our department.
- Minimum 2-3 years of experience in the entertainment industry, in a post production coordinator capacity. Experience with digital/social media content preferred.
- Strong understanding of Adobe Premiere and After Effects workflows.
- Excellent problem solving and organizational skills.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Comfortable multitasking and balancing multiple projects at once.
- Should be familiar with all aspects of post-production workflow including ingest, cataloging/archiving, story editing, compositing, color, audio, and motion graphics.
- Experience with shared storage and asset management workflows.
Westbrook is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Westbrook believes that diversity and inclusion among our colleagues is critical to our success as a company, and we seek to recruit, develop and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. We are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy (including childbirth, lactation and related medical conditions), national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information (including characteristics and testing), military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.