Red Table Talk Productions is the content unit behind the Facebook Watch series, Red Table Talk. Our goal at RTT productions is three-fold; deliver quality programming to our Facebook partners; expand the RTT Universe by developing new IP, spin-offs, and incubating diverse talent; and work regularly across Westbrook Inc. to monetize the brand in ways that are aligned with RTT’s core mission: To create an intimate, communal space for healing conversations.
RTT’s audio/ podcast division is searching for a Head of Operations to lead the overall business operations and strategy for our podcast/ audio department, while managing a rapidly growing production slate of new podcasts. You will play a leadership role in shaping strategy for new podcasts, deliver on existing commitments, and lead operations projects with direct impact on company OKRs (objectives and Key Results).
The ideal candidate is an entrepreneurial leader with a strong sense of what makes a great podcast. You will set high-level goals that align with our business strategy, by identifying improvements in workflow, and drive those objectives. You will have extensive experience in the podcasting industry, while thriving in an agile, fast-paced work environment. You will have extensive experience working with budgets and teams to maximise outcomes and be great at getting projects done on deadline.
In This Role, You Will
Business Operations & Leadership:
- Lead and shape Red Table Talk’s strategic presence in the podcast space that includes audience focused, content and talent led opportunities
- Work closely with cross-department teams on RTT’s overall podcast portfolio
- Drive and manage the partnership with distribution platforms and other partners, including all commercial requirements of the RTT podcast network
- Stay up to date on industry trends and drive innovation in the RTT’s podcast initiative to identify emerging business opportunities
- Manage a small team of internal podcast experts/producers
- Manage department budget
- Determine internal & external infrastructure needs to support the podcast initiative
- Define metrics to track success and strategy
Development & Production Operations:
- Develop & produce flagship podcasts encompassing: creative vision, casting/booking guests, hiring and managing hosts, oversee scripting, review of episodes, managing recording calendar, and oversee promotional content/launch plans
- Consult with internal stakeholders teams on new podcast development in terms of creative vision, best practices, budget, infrastructure needs and launch plans
- Be a hub for creative excellence, identifying talent and managing those relationships
Qualifications + Requirements
- At least 6+ years of experience within audio/podcasting overseeing the development and production of a slate of podcasts
- Experience overseeing a department budget & synthesizing financial information
- Proven track record of exceptional storytelling and audience growth & engagement
- Experience leading and building a team, with an understanding of how to encourage and support creatives
- An “audio first” mindset. The ability to know from a pitch if a story will work for a podcast
- Wide thinker with a solid understanding of social media and popular culture
Who You Are
- Strong leadership skills, including a demonstrated ability to lead cross-functional teams and influence a diverse range of internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong business acumen: ability to approach complex business problems in a structured way to maximize margins
- Outstanding research, analysis, and writing skills
- Fast, flexible, and outcomes-oriented: able and excited to lead teams in an environment with rapid cycles of analysis, decision, and action