About the company:
Werk is leading the flexibility movement - revolutionizing the workplace in order to meet the needs of modern society through flexibility. Research shows of the 30% of women who drop out of the workforce after having a child, 70% would have stayed had they had access to flexibility. But a lack of flexibility impacts all employees: women need it, millennials expect it, and all employees value it. Werk profoundly believes that flexibility should exist in some form for every job, and every employee.
Today, no one knows what flexibility means, and without a standard framework for flexibility, companies cannot strategically implement it or measure its success. Werk has created a standard definition for flexibility and a proprietary framework of flexibility: the Flexiverse™. The Flexiverse™ allows companies to apply a consistent approach to identifying opportunities for flexibility, implementing it and measuring its success. Werk’s standardized definition and Flexiverse™ framework are the foundation for all of Werk’s products including our job marketplace and our FlexCert™ training series.
Werk launched with an MVP in June 2016, raised a $1M Pre-seed round in December 2016 and released a beta product in February 2017. Werk recently raised $2.8M in Seed funding, led by Rethink Impact. Werk was founded by Anna Auerbach and Annie Dean. Read about Werk in The New York Times, Bustle, and Forbes. Follow along @werk.
What kind of work will you do?
You will be working with our product and marketing teams, focusing on providing transparency around Werk’s internal/external datasets and answering tough data driven questions.
Specifically you will:
- Provide and build out dashboard capabilities centered around product specific and company holistic KPIs
- Expose data ‘insights’ to various parts of the organization
- Develop reports to help operators make strategic recommendations which inform major product and operational decisions
- Build out analytics toolkits/frameworks used cross functionality throughout the organization
- Effectively communicate data to both nontechnical and technical stakeholders alike
- Evaluate new data sets for potential product opportunities
In the past you have:
- 2-4 years of experience as a Data Analyst, Data Scientist or Management Consultant, preferably working in verticals that have large datasets
- Have written ‘complex’ SQL queries and spent a significant amount of time in Excel
- Have experience or understand the concepts around dbt
- Synthesized large data sets into product insights
- Created ‘new’ product around internal/external datasets
- Extensively used commercial dashboarding technologies like Looker/Periscope/Chartio
- Used scripting languages like Python for a variety of data analysis tasks
- Worked with teams to created product A/B tests
- Worked with Lean UX processes
- Shipped product
Compensation and Benefits
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Employer subsidized health, dental and vision insurance
- Employer subsidized meal plan (lunches delivered 3 days per week)
- Flexibility to be negotiated per candidate; TimeShiftTM, DeskPlusTM, MicroAgilityTM and TravelLiteTM are available for this role (learn about these terms here)