About the company:
Werk is leading the flexibility movement - revolutionizing the workplace in order to meet the needs of modern society through flexibility. Research shows of the 30% of women who drop out of the workforce after having a child, 70% would have stayed had they had access to flexibility. But a lack of flexibility impacts all employees: women need it, millennials expect it, and all employees value it. Werk profoundly believes that flexibility should exist in some form for every job, and every employee.
Today, no one knows what flexibility means, and without a standard framework for flexibility, companies cannot strategically implement it or measure its success. Werk has created a standard definition for flexibility and a proprietary framework of flexibility: the Flexiverse™. The Flexiverse™ allows companies to apply a consistent approach to identifying opportunities for flexibility, implementing it and measuring its success. Werk’s standardized definition and Flexiverse™ framework are the foundation for all of Werk’s products including our job marketplace and our FlexCert™ training series.
Werk launched with an MVP in June 2016, raised a $1M Pre-seed round in December 2016 and released a beta product in February 2017. Werk recently raised $2.8M in Seed funding, led by Rethink Impact. Werk was founded by Anna Auerbach and Annie Dean. Read about Werk in The New York Times, Bustle, and Forbes. Follow along @werk.
What kind of work will you do?
You will be working with our product and marketing teams, focusing on multichannel content and communication delivery. Specifically you will:
- Own and evolve our internal/external design and branding languages
- Create visual touch points through layouts and concepts that resonate with Werk’s voice
- Develop standards for iconography, logos, illustrations, and infographics
- Work with various internal teams (design, product, marketing) to understand and define user and business needs
- Establish design standards and processes that will allow us to iterate and test quickly
- Work with product on overall vision and help manage our product backlog
- Work with engineering to ensure that designs are implemented successfully
In the past you have:
- At least 2 years of experience working on customer facing products
- Developed award winning worthy designs
- Created designs for both web and mobile oriented product lines
- Collaborated with UX to design and implement page layouts
- Experience creating prototypes (both lo- and hi-fidelity)
- Experience conceptualizing and designing interesting email and social media campaigns
- Developed a suite of A/B tests to help evaluate design choices
- Become comfortable producing both low fidelity and high fidelity visual assets
- Worked with Lean UX processes
- Shipped product
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Employer subsidized health, dental and vision insurance
- Employer subsidized meal plan (lunches delivered 3 days per week)
- Flexibility to be negotiated per candidate; TimeShift™, DeskPlus™, MicroAgility™ and TravelLite™ are available for this role (learn about these terms here)
A portfolio of responsive work is required for consideration.