About the company:
Werk is leading the flexibility movement - revolutionizing the workplace in order to meet the needs of modern society through flexibility. Research shows of the 30% of women who drop out of the workforce after having a child, 70% would have stayed had they had access to flexibility. But a lack of flexibility impacts all employees: women need it, millennials expect it, and all employees value it. Werk profoundly believes that flexibility should exist in some form for every job, and every employee.
Today, no one knows what flexibility means, and without a standard framework for flexibility, companies cannot strategically implement it or measure its success. Werk has created a standard definition for flexibility and a proprietary framework of flexibility: the Flexiverse™. The Flexiverse™ allows companies to apply a consistent approach to identifying opportunities for flexibility, implementing it and measuring its success. Werk’s standardized definition and Flexiverse™ framework are the foundation for all of Werk’s products including our job marketplace and our FlexCert™ training series.
Werk launched with an MVP in June 2016, raised a $1M Pre-seed round in December 2016 and released a beta product in February 2017. Werk recently raised $2.8M in Seed funding, led by Rethink Impact. Werk was founded by Anna Auerbach and Annie Dean. Read about Werk in The New York Times, Bustle, and Forbes. Follow along @werk.
What kind of work will you do?
You will be leading a small group of passionate technologists, providing engineering direction as well as being a hands on contributor that will enable us to scale our marketplace at a rapid pace. Specifically you will:
- Tightly work with the executive team to set the tone and direction of the engineering/product organization
- Collaborate with our product team to assess, evaluate and implement our product roadmap
- Own the technology direction for the company which includes application development, devops, analytics and any 3rd party integrations
- Constantly be evaluating SaaS solutions that will help us scale our business at a rapid rate
- Build a world class engineering team who evangelizes the team while supporting the changing needs of the business
In the past you have:
- Worked with modern web technologies that serve a two sided marketplace, specifically with both frontend and backend web technologies like:
- NoSQL and/or Postgres
- Had exposure to cloud based architectures using platforms as a service like; Heroku, AWS, Rackspace, Digital Ocean or an equivalent
- Stood up effective performance monitoring solutions like Datadog, New Relic, Opbeat, Neptune
- Implemented and scaled engineering/delivery processes like Scrum, Kanban, TDD, Extreme Programming or an equivalent
- Designed best in class CI/CD processes and worked with tools like Jenkins/Circle, Ansible and other automation tools with a heavy focus on automated testing
- Set Up effective engineering sourcing and recruitment practices
- Integrated other parts of the business into the development pipeline such as marketing, operations, product, sales and the support team
- Collaborated with Product teams to establish and measure KPIs across product launches
- Implemented OKRs and self evaluations for an engineering organization
- Assessed, defined and monitored regular security audits and implemented remediation plan(s)
- Established a data driven engineering culture that thrives on continuous development/improvement
Compensation and benefits:
- Competitive compensation commensurate with experience
- Employer subsidized health, dental and vision insurance
- Employer subsidized meal plan (lunches delivered to the office 3 days per week)
- Flexibility to be negotiated per candidate; TimeShift™, DeskPlus™, MicroAgility™ and TravelLite™ are available for this role (learn about these terms here)