Join us in reaching millions of gamers from around the world!
WeQ STUDIOS is a boutique gaming studio and publisher owned by mobile advertising company WeQ. Headquartered in Berlin, its world-class team of gaming professionals is passionate about helping developers and advertisers publish and grow their mobile games, setting them up for success.
We are looking for a Junior Game Designer! Are you a recent graduate or currently studying Game Design, Computer Science, Computer Games Programming, or something related, and want to get practical experience in the field of mobile games? Our tight-knit, high performing team will take you in and give you the opportunity to enter the wonderful space of hyper casual games! Working closely with the Head of Gaming, you will have the chance to impact our new titles and work on features of games played by millions of gamers worldwide.
What we expect from you in this role
- Define the games vision and feature set in collaboration with our motivated team
- Balance the game in terms of gameplay, levels and in-game economy
- Write and update Game Design Documents for our upcoming games
- Provide constant and detailed reviews to the developer
- Knowledge of ad based monetization and best practices is a plus
- Be a team player and make sure your work is understandable and shared with your colleagues
- Work in a fast and agile development process with weekly updates
- Research & stay up to date with the competition
What you should have accomplished so far
- Understanding of free-to-play game mechanics, monetization systems, and game economics
- Knowledge of mobile games and ideally the hyper casual game genre
- Advanced knowledge of Google sheets, Google docs and Google slides
- Ability to create visually appealing mock-ups with assets from the internet
- Great communication skills, with the ability to work within a team
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English
- Self-organized and self-motivated way of working
- Strong mathematical and analytical understanding
Perks awaiting you
- Join an international and thriving team of innovation-drivers spanning all continents and grow alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
- Our cool offices are in the center of a hip Berlin neighborhood with access to lots of amenities and top-notch workstations.
- We ensure that your move to San Francisco or Berlin goes as smoothly as possible by offering relocation and visa support to settle comfortably into your new city.
- We offer comprehensive health insurance at home or during your business travel, keep you hydrated and nourished with a selection of drinks and snacks.
- We support your growth with intensive on-boarding, quarterly reviews, hands-on mentoring from your manager and internal knowledge-sharing initiatives.
- Enjoy 24/7 access to e-learning tools to improve your business, creative and tech skills.
- We’re all about community and collaboration! Mingle with your peers at our breakfasts, lunches, summer BBQs.
- Enjoy a gift and flexible vacation-time on us to celebrate special occasions (work anniversaries, birthdays etc.).
- Help build the team with our employee referral scheme, offering between 2.000 - 5.000€ for finding the right fit.