Interested in building a new product? Join our team of sentries.
Do you want to become a superhero fighting against counterfeiting and brand abuse? Then join our Sentryc superhero team for building a new product!
Sentryc GmbH is a tech expertise company headquartered in Berlin with representations in Barcelona and Szczecin. Founded in 2019, our mission is to greatly reduce the number of counterfeits and trademark infringements on the Internet. We provide our customers with an intelligent cloud solution that searches the internet for products, identifies and documents potential counterfeits, and can then automatically report them for deletion. We also focus on technologies such as AI and machine learning.
Do you combine a passion for data, strong engineering skills and management experience in challenging startup environments? Do you want to lead but also still code? Then join our visionary team and help us build amazing products with cutting-edge technology!
What we expect from you in this role
- Develop our technological vision and support the company's goals with modern technologies
- Drive and implement architectural design decisions
- Retain, recruit and develop a world class team of developers
- Manage one team locally in Berlin and remotely team members in other locations
- Have a strong focus on costs, productivity and value chain optimization
- Cooperate closely with the product team, stakeholders and the CTO
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of technology standards, industry trends, emerging technologies, and software development best practices
What you should have accomplished so far
- 8+ years of software engineering experience with at least 3 years Python or Java
- 3+ years of experience growing and managing software engineering teams
- Expert knowledge in cloud infrastructure and microservice architecture
- Eagerness to improve the status quo and deep dive into issues
- Fluent in English and German
- Knowledge in crawling technologies and Machine Learning is a plus
- Willingness to travel one day per week is a plus
Our technology stack
Python, Java, PostgreSQL, GraphQL, React, TypeScript, Scrapy, Docker, Terraform, AWS (ECS, Fargate, SQS, S3), CI/CD, npm, git, Datadog, Sentry, hotjar and more to come
What we offer
- Join an international and thriving team of innovation-drivers alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
- Our office is centrally located right in between Alexanderplatz and Hackescher Markt with a great view over the city and the “Alex”-tower
- We provide top-notch workstations with the hardware, software, and OS of your choice.
- We ensure that your move to Berlin goes as smoothly as possible by offering relocation to help you settle comfortably into your new city.
- We keep you hydrated and nourished with a selection of drinks, fruits and snacks.
- We’re all about community and collaboration! Mingle with your peers at our regular team activities like go-cart or summer BBQs.
Everyone is welcome to apply! We strive to achieve equality and diversity in the workplace, as a means of working together and achieving success. Our recruitment process solely based on merit, qualification and business needs. It does not discriminate against gender, race or religion.