Interested in building highly scalable, low-latency applications in Java and have a keen eye for managing and extending infrastructure? Join our lab of deep divers.
Help us build cutting-edge products that empower app developers and marketers. Join our lab of “deep divers” – small multidisciplinary agile teams of accomplished engineers with a focus on scalable infrastructure, architecture and process automation.
With our proprietary tracking systems we process billions of events per month, reach millions of unique users daily and process terabytes of data per day. Careful design and implementation of multi-concurrent algorithms will be necessary to keep our low millisecond latency response times. For you, software engineering best practices (including requirements analysis, system design, modularity, version control, testing, documentation, etc.) are essential for productivity, collaboration, quality and maintainability.
What we expect from you:
- From design to operation, you develop our highly available microservices handling billions of events and TBs of data per day
- Develop features for our low latency distributed services using Java and Spring Boot
- Interact with a variety of data storage and querying engines like Kafka, Druid, ScyllaDB, Presto, Zookeeper, HDFS, etc.
- Extend and expand our hybrid cloud - bare-metal infrastructure using tools like Kubernetes and Salt
- Improve and evolve our existing services and architecture to stay on the leading edge of technologies
- Work in an agile environment and contribute your ideas to continuously improve our products, processes, and tools
- Team up with talented developers, learn as much as you can, apply your expertise to build great products - and have fun while doing so!
What we are looking for:
- 3+ years of working experience as a Java Developer
- Expert knowledge of handling and scaling high-performance web services and big data clusters
- Good knowledge of Relational and NoSQL Databases, Queues, and In-Memory Storage
- A strong sense of ownership and experience of working in a fast-paced company developing its own product
Our technology stack:
Java, Spring/Spring Boot, Kafka, Presto, Druid, Scylla, Cassandra, Redis, HDFS, Kubernetes, Docker, Bare-metal, AWS, Hybrid Cloud, CI/CD, Datadog, Scalyr
What we offer:
- Join an international and thriving team of innovation-drivers spanning all continents and grow alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
- Our cool office is in hip Berlin neighborhood with access to lots of amenities and top-notch workstations with the latest hardware, software, and OS of your choice.
- We ensure that your move to Berlin goes as smoothly as possible by offering relocation and visa support (if applicable) to settle comfortably into your new city.
- We offer comprehensive health insurance at home or during your business travel, keep you hydrated and nourished with a selection of drinks and snacks.
- We support your growth with intensive on-boarding, quarterly reviews, hands-on mentoring from your manager and internal knowledge-sharing initiatives.
- Enjoy 24/7 access to e-learning tools to improve your business, creative and tech skills.
- We’re all about community and collaboration! Mingle with your peers at our breakfasts, lunches, summer BBQs.
- Enjoy a gift and flexible vacation time on us to celebrate special occasions (work anniversaries, birthdays etc.).
- Help build the team with our employee referral scheme.
ABOUT US | WeQ Global Tech is a mobile advertising company, achieving measurable results for clients worldwide. WeQ’s international and diverse team hailing from more than 39 countries, enables clients to achieve their goals by combining a client-centric approach with purpose-built, state-of-the-art technology.
Everyone is welcome to apply! We strive to achieve equality and diversity in the workplace, as a means of working together and achieving success. Our recruitment process solely based on merit, qualification and business need. It does not discriminate against gender, race or religion.