Are you an initiative thinker looking to shape the ad tech space? Join our lab of deep divers.
WeQ is a mobile advertising company, achieving measurable results for clients worldwide. Headquartered in Berlin with an office in San Francisco, it has a global footprint in Tokyo and Seoul. WeQ drives user acquisition and engagement to deliver mobile performance and branding campaigns. WeQ’s experts enable clients to achieve their goals by combining a client-centric approach with purpose-built, state-of-the-art technology across 180 markets.
We're looking for a talented Backend Python Engineer to help us improve our recommendation platform. You will be part of an international team that operates a recommendation engine which processes more than a billion of requests per month with a single-digit average latency and develops distributed systems that learn and recommend based on billions of events per day in real-time. You will work closely with our data engineers and ML scientists to implement, evaluate and improve algorithms. If you love to create, deploy and administer high-throughput low-latency web services in the cloud using cutting-edge technologies, and maybe even have a statistical/ML background, then you’ll feel right at home!
What we expect from you in this role
- Working in collaboration with the Data Science and Data Engineering team to implement algorithms to optimize our ad delivery, from prototyping to evaluation and production.
- Creating and operating scalable, highly available, low latency services that handle billions of requests per day
- Improving current services architecture and quality
- Working in an agile environment and actively contributing to continuous improvement of our products, processes, and tools
- A passion for learning and improving yourself
- Analytical thinking and a good understanding of math, statistics, and logic
- Coming up with innovative ways to solve problems and helping to shape our products
In order to succeed in this role, you should have ...
- 3 years relevant working experience minimum is a must
- Expert knowledge of python3
- Previous experience with AdTech and Machine Learning is a plus, if not then you at least should posses a burning interest in and the wish to greatly contribute and participate in the ever-changing, dynamic, and complex world of AdTech
Technologies you'd be using
Python3.7, Kafka, Sanic, Dash, Cython, PyHive, SciPy, NumPy, Scikit-Learn, Statsmodels, Pandas, Pivot, SuperSet, Airflow, Druid, Cassandra, Grafana, Graylog, AWS, Docker-Swarm, Terraform, Bitbucket-Pipelines, PyTest, Git
Perks awaiting you
- Join an international and thriving team of innovation-drivers spanning all continents and grow alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
- Our cool offices are in hip Berlin and San Francisco neighborhoods with access to lots of amenities and top-notch workstations.
- We ensure that your move to San Francisco or Berlin goes as smoothly as possible by offering relocation and visa support to settle comfortably into your new city.
- We offer comprehensive health insurance at home or during your business travel, keep you hydrated and nourished with a selection of drinks and snacks.
- We support your growth with intensive onboarding, quarterly reviews, hands-on mentoring from your manager and internal knowledge-sharing initiatives.
- Enjoy 24/7 access to e-learning tools to improve your business, creative and tech skills.
- San Francisco office offers in-house educational events: from building killer pitch decks to getting inspired by top industry speakers.
- We’re all about community and collaboration! Mingle with your peers at our breakfasts, lunches, summer BBQs and many more (depending on location).
- Enjoy a gift and flexible vacation-time on us to celebrate special occasions (work anniversaries, birthdays etc.).
- Help build the team with our employee referral scheme, offering between 2.000 - 5.000€ for finding the right fit.