Are you an initiative thinker looking to shape the ad tech space? Join our lab of deep divers.
WeQ is a mobile advertising company, achieving measurable results for clients worldwide. Headquartered in Berlin with an office in San Francisco, it has a global footprint in Tokyo and Seoul. WeQ drives user acquisition and engagement to deliver mobile performance and branding campaigns. WeQ’s experts enable clients to achieve their goals by combining a client-centric approach with purpose-built, state-of-the-art technology across 180 markets.
Help us build cutting-edge products that empower app developers and marketers. Join a multidisciplinary team of accomplished engineers with a focus on scalable infrastructure, architecture and process automation. We are experienced front-end and back-end developers, machine learning scientists, data engineers, architects and infrastructure experts, supported by a group of product managers.
You are interested in building scalable backend microservices for our complex in-house tools? Your products are the heart of our ecosystem as they are managing all business logic and connect to external partners. You will be working closely with our other teams as they will be consuming your data via API or Kafka topics. For you, software engineering best practices (including requirements analysis, system design, modularity, version control, testing, documentation, etc.) are essential for productivity, collaboration, quality and maintainability
What you will be responsible for in this role
- From design to operate autoscaling microservices: You develop the whole path of our backend services providing REST APIs, queue consumer/producer or data manager.
- Improve and evolve our existing services and architecture to stay on the latest edge of technologies.
- Work in an agile environment and contribute your ideas to continuously improve our products, processes, and tools like our internal management system, our publisher and advertiser interfaces, reporting and more...
- Have a passion for learning and improving yourself.
- Team up with talented developers, learn as much as you can, apply your expertise to build great products and have fun while doing so.
In order to be able to give your best in this role, you should have already accomplished or possess the following
- 4+ years of relevant working experience
- Excellent skills in PHP and great knowledge of at least one major framework (Laravel, Symfony, or Phalcon)
- Expert knowledge on SQL or even NoSQL Databases
- DevOps mindset with experience in Docker, CI/CD, Cloudservice Provider
- Experience with Queues and In-Memory Storage
- Deep understanding of software engineering best practices
- Have a passion for continuous learning and improving yourself
Technologies we are using
PHP, Symfony, Laravel, Swagger, Kafka, Presto, PostgreSQL, Redis, Docker, AWS, CI/CD, Terraform, Grafana, Scalyr
Perks awaiting you
- Join an international and thriving team of innovation-drivers spanning all continents and grow alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
- Our cool office is in hip Berlin neighborhood with access to lots of amenities and top-notch workstations, with the latest hardware, software, and OS of your choice.
- We ensure that your move to Berlin goes as smoothly as possible by offering relocation and visa support to settle comfortably into your new city.
- We offer comprehensive health insurance at home or during your business travel, keep you hydrated and nourished with a selection of drinks and snacks.
- We support your growth with intensive on-boarding, quarterly reviews, hands-on mentoring from your manager and internal knowledge-sharing initiatives.
- Enjoy 24/7 access to e-learning tools to improve your business, creative and tech skills.
- We’re all about community and collaboration! Mingle with your peers at our breakfasts, lunches, summer BBQs, ping pong challenges and many more (depending on location). We fly the San Francisco team to Berlin for our global bi-annual company events.
- Enjoy a gift and flexible vacation time on us to celebrate special occasions (work anniversaries, birthdays etc.).
- Help build the team with our employee referral scheme.