Interested in building highly scalable, low-latency applications in Java and have a keen eye for managing and extending infrastructure? Join our lab of deep divers.
As part of the WeQ team, you’ll have the chance to have a serious impact on driving our best in-class, global mobile user growth and engagement at scale. Help us build cutting-edge products that empower app developers and marketers. Join our lab of “deep divers” – small multidisciplinary agile teams of accomplished engineers with a focus on scalable infrastructure, architecture and process automation.
Work with our proprietary machine learning technology and generate billions of impressions per month, reach millions of unique users daily and process terabytes of data per day. Careful design and implementation of multi-concurrent algorithms will be necessary to keep our low millisecond latency response times. For you, software engineering best practices (including requirements analysis, system design, modularity, version control, testing, documentation, etc.) are essential for productivity, collaboration, quality and maintainability.
Our technology stack
Java, Vertx, Spring/Spring Boot, Maven, Kafka, Hadoop, Presto, Druid, Spark, Cassandra, Redis, Docker, AWS, Hybrid Cloud, CI/CD, Ansible, Grafana, Scalyr
What we expect from you in this role
- From design to operation, you develop our highly available microservices handling billions of events and TBs of data per day
- Develop features for our low latency distributed services using Java, Vertx and Spring Boot
- Work together with our Machine Learning department to integrate recommender algorithms for better user targeting
- Improve and evolve our existing services and architecture to stay on the leading edge of technologies
- Work in an agile environment and contribute your ideas to continuously improve our products, processes, and tools
- Team up with talented developers, learn as much as you can, apply your expertise to build great products - and have fun while doing so!
What you should have accomplished so far
- 3+ years of working experience as a Java Developer
- Expert knowledge of handling and scaling high-performance networks and big data cluster
- Good knowledge of Relational and NoSQL Databases, Queues, and In-Memory Storage
- A strong sense of ownership and experience of working in a fast-paced company developing its own product
Perks awaiting you
- Join an international and thriving team of innovation-drivers spanning all continents and grow alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
- Our cool office is in hip Berlin neighborhood with access to lots of amenities and top-notch workstations with the latest hardware, software, and OS of your choice.
- We ensure that your move to Berlin goes as smoothly as possible by offering relocation and visa support to settle comfortably into your new city.
- We offer comprehensive health insurance at home or during your business travel, keep you hydrated and nourished with a selection of drinks and snacks.
- We support your growth with intensive on-boarding, quarterly reviews, hands-on mentoring from your manager and internal knowledge-sharing initiatives.
- Enjoy 24/7 access to e-learning tools to improve your business, creative and tech skills.
- We’re all about community and collaboration! Mingle with your peers at our breakfasts, lunches, summer BBQs.
- Enjoy a gift and flexible vacation time on us to celebrate special occasions (work anniversaries, birthdays etc.).
- Help build the team with our employee referral scheme.
WeQ is a mobile advertising company, achieving measurable results for clients worldwide. Headquartered in Berlin with offices in San Francisco and Tokyo, it has a global footprint in APAC. WeQ’s international and diverse team hailing from more than 30 countries, enables clients to achieve their goals by combining a client-centric approach with purpose-built, state-of-the-art technology.