Are you an initiative thinker looking to shape the ad tech space? Join our lab of deep divers.
WeQ is a mobile advertising company, achieving measurable results for clients worldwide. Headquartered in Berlin with an office in San Francisco, it has a global footprint in Tokyo and Seoul. WeQ drives user acquisition and engagement to deliver mobile performance and branding campaigns. WeQ’s experts enable clients to achieve their goals by combining a client-centric approach with purpose-built, state-of-the-art technology across 180 markets.
You are interested in building highly scalable, low-latency applications in Java but also have a keen eye for managing and extending infrastructure? You will be adding features that help us deliver quality ads, reacting to more than 5M impressions per minute. Careful design and implementation of multi-concurrent algorithms will be necessary to keep our low millisecond latency response times. For you, software engineering best practices (including requirements analysis, system design, modularity, version control, testing, documentation, etc.) are essential for productivity, collaboration, quality, and maintainability.
You will own deployment and scaling pipelines that operate on fleets of EC2 instances which keep our distributed services highly available and easy to scale. Knowing how to develop infrastructure as code using Terraform, Packer and sometimes Elastic Beanstalk is essential. Monitoring and maintaining both the infrastructure and services by providing and combining useful metrics in Grafana dashboards is needed for our uptime guarantees.
What we expect from you in this role
- From design to operation, you develop our highly available microservices handling billions of events and TBs of data per day.
- Developing features for our low latency distributed services using Java, Vertx and Spring Boot.
- Working together with our Machine Learning department to integrate recommender algorithms for better user targeting.
- Managing and extending deployment and provisioning pipelines using Terraform, Packer, Consul and Elastic Beanstalk.
- Improve and evolve our existing services and architecture to stay on the latest edge of technologies.
- Work in an agile environment and contribute your ideas to continuously improve our products, processes, and tools.
- Team up with talented developers, learn as much as you can, apply your expertise to build great products and have fun while doing so.
In order to be able to give your best in this role, you should have already accomplished or possess the following
- 4 years of relevant working experience
- Expert knowledge on handling and scaling high-performance networks and big data cluster
- Excellent skills in software development preferably in Java
- Great know-how on cloud services and automating the infrastructure
- Good knowledge of SQL/NoSQL Databases, Queues, and In-Memory Storage
- Deep understanding of software engineering best practices
- Have a passion for continuous learning and improving yourself
Technologies we are using
Java, Vertx, Spring/Spring Boot, Maven, Kafka, Hadoop, Presto, Druid, Spark, Cassandra, MongoDB, Aerospike, Redis, Docker, AWS, Hybrid Cloud, CI/CD, Ansible, Packer, Consul, Terraform, Grafana, Scalyr
Perks awaiting you
- Join an international and thriving team of innovation-drivers spanning all continents and grow alongside the brightest minds in the industry.
- Our cool office is in hip Berlin neighborhood with access to lots of amenities and top-notch workstations with the latest hardware, software, and OS of your choice.
- We ensure that your move to Berlin goes as smoothly as possible by offering relocation and visa support to settle comfortably into your new city.
- We offer comprehensive health insurance at home or during your business travel, keep you hydrated and nourished with a selection of drinks and snacks.
- We support your growth with intensive on-boarding, quarterly reviews, hands-on mentoring from your manager and internal knowledge-sharing initiatives.
- Enjoy 24/7 access to e-learning tools to improve your business, creative and tech skills.
- We’re all about community and collaboration! Mingle with your peers at our breakfasts, lunches, summer BBQs, ping pong challenges and many more (depending on location). We fly the San Francisco team to Berlin for our global bi-annual company events.
- Enjoy a gift and flexible vacation time on us to celebrate special occasions (work anniversaries, birthdays etc.).
- Help build the team with our employee referral scheme.